Side Trips whilst in BKK and Pattaya

potica69

Gentlemen, I am welcoming your opinion. Being a punter is of great importance, yet I always have a deep desire to explore the many splendors of Thailand.

For example, when in BKK, I have taken diversions to the Royal Palace, Wat Po, and tours to various temples.

Then, whilst in Pattaya, I took a fishing trip and fortunately caught a few small stingrays and some other fish.

In Phuket I took another deep sea fishing trip. The lot of us on the voyage landed a total of 36 bonita. Also, I took a side trip to Phi Phi island.

All these side trips in BKK, Pattaya, and Phuket cost between US $25-$40 via local travel companies.

Now, I am requesting recommendations for interesting and exciting side trips whilst in BKK & Pattaya. What side trips would you gents recommend?

Thanks

potica69

Ayudhaya is a nice side trip, about an hour and a half away from BKK by train. Loads of cultural stuff to be seen.

In BKK, the Siriraj Hospital museums are very interesting and highly recommended.

In Pattaya there's loads of stuff to do, the Aquarium at Suk, Mini Siam etc etc etc. Possibly a fun thing to visit the PTY places with the flavour of the day as a guide.

We used to have a review forum which had loads of info in it but sadly that forum is not connected yet to the mainboard.

If you like Open Range Zoos, you could plan an afternoon / early nevening visit to the Royal & Ancient Pattaya Animal Sanctuary. :grinyes::grinyes:

Located not far from Central Pattaya, on Soi Yodsak, this fine Sanctuary offers International visitors the opportunity to see wild Thai creatures in their native habitat.

There are numerous species of Monkeys on display, some of the more prolific species being the Si Saket Silver and the Buri Ram Brown.

But beware, they go into a feeding frenzie around dusk.

Not far away, peacocks can be seen "strutting their stuff"

I hear the chameleons are an interesting creature as well.....often deceiving in looks...but usually "stunning" to the eye..

While the location is relatively easy to find, it is highly recommended that a first time visitor take a well experienced "tour guide'....these can be hired for as little as 1000Bt per day.

Most of all, enjoy your visit. I hope that your next visit is one quarter as enjoyable as my last.

That will indeed ensure that you will be left speechless, as well as legless.

have fun :grinyes::grinyes::yeahthat::grinyes::grinyes:

Take a walk through Klong Toey at about 11:00 pm on a friday or saturday. Some really exciting stuff....

Basically just walk down Sukhumvit Soi 4 past Nanaplaza and keep going....cross Thanon Rama 4 and walk until you hit the Chao Phra river. Turn left at any point once you pass the Market. Feel free to wander about asking locals to break a 1000 baht note.

seriously.....I am trying to get info on Bang Saen....think I'm headed there next weekend....i'll let you know.

Gentlemen, I am welcoming your opinion. Being a punter is of great importance, yet I always have a deep desire to explore the many splendors of Thailand.

For example, when in BKK, I have taken diversions to the Royal Palace, Wat Po, and tours to various temples.

Then, whilst in Pattaya, I took a fishing trip and fortunately caught a few small stingrays and some other fish.

In Phuket I took another deep sea fishing trip. The lot of us on the voyage landed a total of 36 bonita. Also, I took a side trip to Phi Phi island.

All these side trips in BKK, Pattaya, and Phuket cost between US $25-$40 via local travel companies.

Now, I am requesting recommendations for interesting and exciting side trips whilst in BKK & Pattaya. What side trips would you gents recommend?

Thanks

potica69

The floating markets are always top of my list to visit ...lots to see and taste...Bus from BKK bit more than a 1/2 day tour...

A visit to Ancient City(Muang Boran)in Samut Prakan, well worth a taxi trip out there from Bangkok, its a very large venue with replica historical temple sites scattered across it. They hire out golf buggy's to drive around.On the way there or back stop at the Erawan statue, you can't miss it, its a monster size three headed elephant. There's a small entry fee, its great to go up into the construction and see the very detailed artistic works inside.

Ancient City

J

Tons of temples and what not to see in BKK,m I suggest you get some guide books with pictures, and see what interests you. I liked Erawan as well. Ayuttaya, River Kwai ( you could easily spend a few days up there, train through Hell fire pass, Erawan falls...)!), Vimonmek (teak Palace)...from Pattaya, try Ko Chang or Ko Samet...floating martket is fun early for photos and to have a look. I still haven't done the long tail boat tour, really need to do that...Oh, almost forgot, Jim Thompson house as well.

Archived