Bei Otto buffet

waerth

We had a good night with the comedy group last night and I made over a thousand baht (very rare between august and november) so I decided I would treat myself to a good lunch today. It took some time to make my mind up as to what to eat, but I decided to do the German buffet in Bei Otto.

This was a mistake ........

Why?

Not because of the food!

I entered by Oto and checked the biffet. It looked good with a lot of choice. Many different breads, different cheeses and different meats. Also a lot of choices in the hot food department, like Cordon Blue, Sauerkraut, Sausages lots of sausages, Mashed and Home fried potatoes etc. etc. etc. . Plus many different cakes and fruits and even ice cream as a dessert.

All in all worth the 450bt ++ if you can actually eat a plate or three at least.

My eyes where bulging and my stomach was saying let's go for it.

So I took some breads and cheeses as a starter. After that I loaded a plate with sausages and meats.

After that .....

...... my stomach said I am filled to the brim, no more space. Now for those knowing me it used to be no problem for me to eat a lot in one go as I usually ate only once a day or twice, bit a lot really a lot.

Now my dietary habits have changed this year and I started to eat many times a day, but a littlebit everytime. I also cut my consumption of 2 liters of Pepsi a day and replaced this mostly with water, green teas and fruitjuices.

Since the beginning of this year I have lost a lot of weight. I went from pantsize 52 to pantsize 40 now and I am still loosing weight.

All of this has had the effect though that I cannot really eat a lot in one go anymore so going to a buffet was looking at it now, a few hours later, a stupid thing to do.

But I enjoyed the food nevertheless it is good to treat oneself every now and then. I also liked the delicatessen there, they sell a lot of nice things and I will be back there in the future.

If you are a big eater I certainly recommend the Bei Otto buffet!

Thais seem to think it is great as apart from myself there were only 2 or 3 other farangs and the rest were Thai families with their children! About 5 or 6 of them. This actually surprised me.

Waerth

Buffets prices in Bangkok have sky rocketed to the point they simply aren't worth it any more to me. The prices are such I order off the regular menu and avoid buffets every time. 300 baht for a buffet, MAYBE once in a blue moon. Anything more, plonk.

I go to Bei Otto every time I am in Bangkok. I also shop at their deli, which is excellent. Many little extras as well there. They sell take away German beers, chocolates, and even liquors that are all reasonably priced. And, I am addicted to their wonderful big soft pretzels. :-) Good selections of cheeses and meats as well. Had an excellent dinner there last time, and I would recommend this place to anyone who likes German food, or just good quality food for a good price. Never had a bad meal there. And it is right next to my usual hotel stay. You can't go wrong at Bei Otto. Well, unless you are a Nervous Dog and torturing the cute waitstaff! :D I think she asked Suadum if we brought the Dog's muzzle. :smirk: Bad dog. Making me laugh while I was trying to eat, dammit!

Cent

The Buffet is on Sundays, starting around 11, but sometimes the deep fried Pork Knuckle is late getting out...I love the place. Was 300bht I think not too long ago, then 400, now 450? yikes with the Dollar going down and all...still a good place, and worth it. The cheeses alone can add up to that, and the dried hams...as I recall thety usually had fillet Mignon in some sort of sauce...damned, now I'm hungry...

Buffets prices in Bangkok have sky rocketed to the point they simply aren't worth it any more to me. The prices are such I order off the regular menu and avoid buffets every time. 300 baht for a buffet, MAYBE once in a blue moon. Anything more, plonk.

What are you talking about! Baht 300 is fuck all. You'd struggle to buy a sandwich in London for that much!

Here's another vote for the delicious food at Bei Otto.

I've never had the buffet, but I keep going back for the bratwurst platter.

And the breads and rolls from the deli are superb.

Several months ago I was given a quick tour of the kitchen at Bei Otto.

I've been in many restaurant kitchens -- the kitchen at Bei Otto was remarkably clean.

So clean it brought to mind the phrase, "You could eat off the floor."

Bei Otto gets my high points for taste, quality, cleanliness, and good service.

Archived