BANGKOK GIRL - typical TV documentary coming up..

Chanchao

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the above-mentioned URL,

"...The introduction of 'falangs', or foreigners, to Thailand has forever changed their city, their economy, their lives, and their desires. This film is a daring and unabashed look at ourselves, through the eyes of one girl, in an honest, morally gripping story, which challenges the worldwide, accepted practice of sex tourism."

I don't imagine that the production is any more objective nor any less sensationalistic than this promotional material. Not that CNBC is a pillar of objectivity in the first place.

Fully agree OH, look at this quote;

The introduction of 'falangs', or foreigners, to Thailand has forever changed their city, their economy, their lives, and their desires.

As if there isn't a Thai prostitution scene that's probably umptieth times bigger than the Farang scene. The Farang scene is a lot more visible than the Thai scene, which is a lot more discreet and harder to spot if you don't know what to look for.

<< The introduction of 'falangs', or foreigners, to Thailand has forever changed their city, their economy, their lives, and their desires. >>

Well, the Portuguese got here first in the late 1500s. Must be all their fault. :(

p.s. How about someone doing a documentary on what the West Indians, Indians and Muslims have done to the UK???

<< The introduction of 'falangs', or foreigners, to Thailand has forever changed their city, their economy, their lives, and their desires. >>

Well, the Portuguese got here first in the late 1500s. Must be all their fault. :(

p.s. How about someone doing a documentary on what the West Indians, Indians and Muslims have done to the UK???

Shortly followed afterwards by the Dutch.

Zaad, you're so deeeeep in shit. :stirthepo

Thanks for pointing this out Mac :beer:

It was the Portuguese who brought the guava to Thailand. The Thais planted the seeds and called the tree the DTON FA-RANG and the fruit the LOOK FA-RANG. That's why that guava is known as a farang.

(Just another bit of useless information that is keeping me from having room for sensible thoughts in my brain.)

It was the Portuguese who brought the guava to Thailand. The Thais planted the seeds and called the tree the DTON FA-RANG and the fruit the LOOK FA-RANG. That's why that guava is known as a farang.

(Just another bit of useless information that is keeping me from having room for sensible thoughts in my brain.)

Ha ha ,,i am going to frame this post. :neener:

Archived