BANGKOK GIRL - typical TV documentary coming up..

Chanchao

Oh come on!!! Like the Farang's are the victims here. Only the foolish fall for foolish lines. How about the other end?

No I'm not married.

Of course I'll come back.

You're the only bargirl I've been with.

I've never done this before.

I'm a successful business owner.

I want to marry you.

I want to bring you home with me.

I don't have access to my money here.

Sorry, baby, 500Baht is all I have.

These pictures/video are just for me.

I'm a good boy.

I came here alone.

I have a huge house and nice car.

I love kids! I don't mind that you have three.

Shall I go on? Ultimately, who's lies are more damaging? Or is there just a sick balance?

Oh wait! I forgot my favorite .

That wasn't me - must have been someone who looked like me.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ultimately, who's lies are more damaging? Or is there just a sick balance?

It is a sick balance at best!

[color:gray]following paragraph is meant to be a huge exageration to show my low intensions or many other punters have in mind[/color]

In my own sick and perverted mind I believe they are more bad than us! Because I came for whore monger, for penetrating a hopefully shaved pussy, banging her ass and cumming all over her body or into her mouth. I am renting a whore! A real life rubberdoll!

and they? what they try to do with us?

These whores try to pull us into a relationship! I had so low intentions, but she looks so sweet and she has such a heartbreaking story, she only works bar because she is such a poor wee little thing, I am so vulnerable right now because my heart is touched by her goodness, look at her, she is just working bar for a few days and I am her first farang ever, let's give it a try, what I have to loose?

:o

Who started it? What was first, the chicken or the egg?

[quote name=ChristianTroy

Who started it? What was first' date=' the chicken or the egg?

[/quote]

If we exclude Thai prostitution amoung themselves which had it's first boom during the first Chinese immigration I believe that we have ourselves to blame. Sex tourism or Prostitution for Farangs boomed during the Viet Nam war - as we all know - but took off when the World Bank developed an economic plan for Thailand, funding the promotion of sex tourism in the 70's and 80's. I'm sorry if you fell for a bargirls con, but isn't the reason Westerners go to these bars to feel good and be adored - you don't actually believe it do you? Sucker! If prostitutes anywhere were honest, they would be reading a magazine while we get our business done. Remember bargirls are doing their job - getting as much money as possible for the least amount of work in the shortest amount of time. In my honest opinion, if a bargirl convinces a Farang that her family's water buffalo was struck by lightning and he forks over a few thousand dollars - good for her!!! In that environment Westerners should have the upper hand - we have Western education, access to boards like this and a thousand others warning of scams (who doesn't have the internet in Western culture?, economic stability, and we can leave Thailand after all. The Thai bar scene should be the exclusive portrayal of the saying "A fool and his money are soon parted".

I'm trying not to defend him too much, but he does say that it is her story (can she not speak â?? even if it is a lie?)

Correct me if I am wrong, but when you tell someone's story and call your piece of work a 'documentary' don't you have to do some research of your own? Like checking out if it is actually true? What is the worth of a story if you don't check it? It's about as useful as an authorized biography in which the subject has final cut. Not newsworthy at all.

Well, there was a check point Charlie bar when Clinton Plaza first opened...was on the side where Monica's was, going up to the White House bar...god I miss that place...

OH, You surely know your way around. :applause: It must be the one at Clinton Plaza, I was't sure, because CP has gone for what-4 years now? Because this is a documentary from 2005, I thought I was wrong, but now I am sure I am not. I also thought of Cheap Charlies, but that is in soi 11, and not really a place to pick up some ladies.

Well, I suppose we will have to take the filmmakers word for it. We could also say the filmmakers for "March of the Penguins" was full of crap - but how the hell would we know unless we were there. Regardless of the story the girl tells (true or false - although I will give the filmmaker the benefit of the doubt. She tells a hard luck story of abuse and she actually has the disfigurment to back it up - part of her right hand is missing - this also backs up the claim that she only poured drinks - and also backs up why she wouldn't have gone with a customer as it seems she just turned 19 and any level headed bar owner stupid enough to have a 13 year old working for him wouldn't let her go with a customer. However, I have seen many young girls - children of GoGo Dancers - hanging around the bars and being hired by them for sweeping and such) I think the film has a very accurate interpretation and feel for what the scene, girls and city are like.

I could be wrong, but I think the 2005 date on the film is when it was completed - who knows when it was filmed. Copyright law begins on a film at completion - so maybe that's why there is confusion - he very well may have filmed it 4 years ago.

Stylus!

i am sure huge parts of what you have said about education, magazines etc.. is true, Also that the redlight scene for farangs, or should I say americans, was born etc...

I think the real cause of "Farang Scammers" is that they are far away from home, feeling free, most likely alcoholized, no work, no "nay sayers" etc...

This is no real scamming, these guys probably feel at this particular moment exactly what they say, they are so relaxed and free from home that they are vulnerable for beeing romantic! That was kinda my point in my "tasteless" exageration above!

If you ever had a non redlight holiday affair as a young boy or an adult man, you always wanna make it work somehow. The truth is that when the holiday is over the most of the times it doesn't feel the same anymore, or you realise that you have neither the time, the power and the money to make it work!

I think it is a very simple and natural human behavior! Without defending them, men are very weak when it comes to beautiful and attractive women.

I blame noone, I am having fun when girls try to tell me lies, I pretend to be stupid like i have never heard of it and for every bullshit line she tells me she gets one in return! My only problem is that if it was true - I wouldn't believe it anymore!

Regardless of the story the girl tells (true or false - although I will give the filmmaker the benefit of the doubt. She tells a hard luck story of abuse and she actually has the disfigurment to back it up - part of her right hand is missing - this also backs up the claim that she only poured drinks - and also backs up why she wouldn't have gone with a customer as it seems she just turned 19 and any level headed bar owner stupid enough to have a 13 year old working for him wouldn't let her go with a customer.

Give him the benefit of the doubt for what? Not for the credibility of the story I hope, because he only expressed his doubts- and didn't check up on it. As for the disfigurement, I didn't see it in the documentary, I only HEARD about it, but I don't doubt stories like that happen. To me, it has the ring of truth to it.

I can't discuss the underage issue here, because it's against the rule of this board. As far as level-headedness of barowners, I think there is a contradictio in terminis here. The very few professional barowners aside, I suspect most don't really know what they're doing and ventured into the business because of their love for pussy.

If Jordan really wanted to know why BGs do what they do, he should have lived upcountry for a while. See what it's like to live in the sticks. Then he would have gotten a fresh and real perspective on why these girls do what they do, instead of blaming it on the farang appetite for thai pussy. Everybody here knows the Thai prostitution caters mostly for the domestic market. The only time where he scratched the surface IMO was when he looked at prostitution laws, the lack of reinforcement and the corruption of the police force. Too bad it was just used as background noise in this documentary.

ChristianTroy!

I'll agree with you if what you mean is:

The fragile male ego knows no bounds in its neverending - and usually dissapointing - search for re-enforcment.

I travel through Asia frequently and I never tire of the rockstar treatment I get - however, it is those who believe it that fall victim, those who become who they are not - whether on vacation, relaxed, free or not. Every country relies on tourists paying way more than they should. In Canada it's maple syrop, first nations crafts, tours, lodging, and food. In Thailand it's sex! I don't buy the innocent farang story ...the "Why can't I just travel to another country, have underpriced sex with a girl waaaaaayyyyy out of my league and be left alone". Dude, everything comes with a price - especially the small luxeries that we as Westerners enjoy ;)

Archived