DVD/CD Sniffer Dogs at USA Airports!

cavanami

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disagree 100%, but that is o.k. Pay a decent wage, people go to work, pay crap because an illeagal, (and we are talking about Illeagels here, NOT leagal immigrants) will work cheaper, then people lose interest in their job. Add a welfare system that rewards you for NOT working, and you have...well, what we have.

Again, no issue with people comming here leagally. Documented workers who get leagal jobs, get leagal wages and benifits. Illeagals screw up the system.

Wages paid: $10 / hour.

Plus food and lodging.

Plus "flex hours". no time clock to punch.

Very low stress work, in the out doors, with a two hour rest period in the afternoon.

The ranch does not generate enough income to pay more. This is the best wages that can be paid...I do the books, so this is known to be true.

Americans do not want to do this work...been there, seen it and had to deal with it.

Should we just close up all the renches because the workers can't make $100K a year?

Disagree 100%' date=' but that is o.k. Pay a decent wage, people go to work, pay crap because an illeagal, (and we are talking about Illeagels here, NOT leagal immigrants) will work cheaper, then people lose interest in their job. Add a welfare system that rewards you for NOT working, and you have...well, what we have.

Again, no issue with people comming here leagally. Documented workers who get leagal jobs, get leagal wages and benifits. Illeagals screw up the system.[/quote']

Wages paid: $10 / hour.

Plus food and lodging.

Plus "flex hours". no time clock to punch.

Very low stress work, in the out doors, with a two hour rest period in the afternoon.

The ranch does not generate enough income to pay more. This is the best wages that can be paid...I do the books, so this is known to be true.

Americans do not want to do this work...been there, seen it and had to deal with it.

Should we just close up all the renches because the workers can't make $100K a year?

You have not answered the question, is this worker an illeagal immigrant? was he ever an illeagal? $10 + housing is a decent wage in some parts of the country. Are you paying cash? or taking out taxes? Big difference again if cash. You would starve on that in the Bay area, if you had to pay even the most basic of housing. Where is your ranch?

I can tell you here, most of the contruction sights around here hire illeagals to build houses. Most work for about $15/hr cash. No taxes paid etc. Again, I don't agree that NO American will work for this wage. $15/hr cash is close to $24+ paying taxes...in other words, about what you pocket.

The difference is the illeagal doesn't pay taxes, the company owner saves a ton, and the consumer still pays the same for the house... Of course you will support this system as it works to your advantage. It would be a different story if you were the guy looking for work, wanted a decent wage and had to compeate with illeagals.

There are still a few places where there are few or no illeagals, and who does the work in those cases? yep, Americans. Poor people will work if they have to.

errrrr, let's not put any answer to the question of illegal or legal worker, my disclaimer.

The $10 / hr with all the fringes is a decent wage for this part of the USA.

Problem is, the US citizen does not want to work for this wage.

Sorry, but economics dictate that this is the wage.

Ever hear of Willy Nelson and Farm Aid? There is a reason that Willy is doing the Farm Aids...and that is that the US farmer (and rancher) is in some serious trouble.

My point, there are real jobs in the USA that the USA citizen does not want to do, no matter how much money is paid...OK, they will do them for one week and then skate, that is not my definition of doing the job.

Same problem in Taiwan...when I was living/working there, the Taiwanese imported Thailand workers as the Taiwanese did not want to do certain jobs.

Problem (issue) is not unique to the USa. Just that the USA does not do something to fix the problem.

Eaxmple...our "most admired company, GE", got the visa to import India workers to do hi-tech jobs and then laid off all the US citizens...WTF is that???? GE has piles of $$$ and political pull so they can screw the US worker as they want...I was there, I seen it!!!

Now we whine about some cow poke, making $10 / hr??? while GE and our gov sold out THOUSANDS of US citizens that had GOOD ($xxx,xxx.00) jobs???

Hello...are we being real here???

(Where's Dr. Phil when we need him... :dunno:

O.k. I will assume the employee is illeagal. I applaud you not lieing outright and saying he is not. But if so, then you are a criminal as is he. Wages + benifits are good I will agree for your part of the country (still not sure where that is), but you would have a choice if NO illeagals were available.

The idea that cheaper labor has to be brought in because no locals will do it is a farce, plain and simple. Forigners are brought in to lower costs, bust wages and other such stuff. Bottom line, Americans did this work before, they'd do it again, Mexicans just do it cheaper, and illeagals cheaper than that.

We are not just talking about ranch work. We are talking construction, hotels, food service etc... Bottom line is Americans got driven off those jobs, by people who came here illeagally, and took those jobs. These people have no leagal right to be here, let alone be here and working.

Take away the illeagals doing the constructuion jobs, and Americans would fill them. Same with the hotel/restaurant jobs etc. If the seasonal farm jobs really can't be done by Americans, then a limited number of guest work/farm work visas can be given out, with controls, if they don't leave, they get criminally prosecuted when caught, and I mean harsh penalty.

As I said, poor people will work if they have to. The system just makes it un necessary /un profitable for them to work, as has been pointed out.

No, I am not a criminal, as the ranch is not in my name.

What do you pay for a steak at the grocery?

The price has NOT kept up with all the other inflated prices; gas??? utilities??? your wages??? air line tickets??? car prices???

The farmer / rancher has been f%ucked. They have not gotten the increases that all the other industries have gotten, thus the wage struscture is not the same as what you are familiar with.

You are comparing apples amd oranges. not the same.

Sh&t, the guy pushing a broom at Ford gets $80K a year, no advanced education, what the WTF...now I pay $25K for a Taurus????

Come on...the playing field is not anywhere near level.

Cry me a river! I work for a major airline, my salary has gone down! Cut drastically, lost pension and some medical... I now make $2/hr more than I did 10 years ago. Many of our jobs get outsourced, some off shore, NOT because Americans won't work for the low wages, but because the upper management wants it as cheap as possible, so as to line their pockets, it is called greed!

It is the same with ranchers, construction crews, the hospitality industry etc...yet the cost of *Most* of these prices does not go down when labor costs are reduced. Steak? what's that? can't afford it. Best I can do is ground beef.

If the playing field were indeed level, the costs of labor and domestically produced goods would be in accord, as the field is not even, then there is indeed an imbalance.

The curse of rich people is, they want cheap labor...sooner or later, it is going to bite them all in the ass...of course the working class will pay...

:topic:

OK, we drifted a bit...

in conclusion, we will have the illegals carry in the DVDs/CDs as the immi officials/INS may have a better chance to catch them...they can't seem to catch the millions that are in the USA illegally, so maybe the MPAA and all their $$$ can get the job done :yeahthat:

Archived