The best hotel in BKK

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get a one beroom suite at the Oriental, with a balcony on the river side. Thats really nice without extreme overkill, but still big dollars, somewhere over $700 US per night plus lots of taxes (I did not check lately, look at the web page).

Their most expensive suites are really for very rich folks, like Micheal Jackson, etc.

About 10 years ago, I had my mother stay for a few days at the Oriental. She was enormously impressed not only by the service and facilities, but by the sense of history. Also, as an elderly conservative lady, she was guaranteed at the Oriental not to see anything that would have upset her. The fact that the Oriental had been named best hotel in the world many times gave her something to talk (brag?) about for months afterwards. She was he envy of every other lady in her circle of friends.

The Chakrabongse Villas are fantastic, but more suitable for a romantic getaway with a wife or girlfriend. The Oriental is the hotel most likely to impress an elderly lady.

Evel

:devil:

22:57 local , Buffalo_Bill steps into the ring

--------------------------------------------------

Dear fello boarzmen ,

the business class of China Southern is obviously run by the same people who do the catering for the deathrow at Xiamen Central Correction Center , China . Mainland . When I asked the stewardess where the f#+Ã?ng champagne was, she went pale and ran away. Not a single newspaper , no footrest , no video . Absolutely nothing , early Aeroflot on a bad day. That plane must have left Boeing's Spokane plant when my Prussian grandfather left the primary school .The bad news is that I knew all this before ; the second bad news is that I wasted a non-refundable Thai ticket in exchange for a 430 USD China Southern only because Thai Air could only take me to Suvannaboomboom for midnight arrival , whilst CS did the job 5 hours earlier . To make you sanookers scream with pain I might further mention that I did not even tell my sweetheart that I am back in town , postponed to tomorrow late afternoon . Disturbing news , so what was all this for ?

For the sole purpose to arrive as soon as possible at the river where there happens to be not only the best hotel in Bangkok but one of the best places anywhere . The Olenten , which is the proper pronounciation.

Tecnically , Khun Thaihome is right by saying that the Sukhothai offers a style of it's own and I think they have the nicest rooms of all BKK hotels , although there is no human factor in that house .No fun . The same for the Peninsula which has an impressive layout but apart from that is a fridge . The ShangriLa after a major renovation has become an extraordinarily nice place and for a holiday maker who does not want to waste 250 USD a day , this is the wyay to go . All these properties are riverside , downtown the best is still the Regent/Four Seasons to my opinion . I have done a tour through all above mentioned properties today because I was desperately after a certain magazine . I did also like the Marriott although , God forbid , I would never stay there .

Conclusion : Khun Zombie's grand dame would certainly best be sent to the river , main wing poolside room , around 250 US. If he really loves his mummy I might recommend riverside room with small balcony , again poolside , around 300 US . All plus breakfast , inc taxes . Poolside is important .

I think I ring Nok now , it is after all a bit lonely though .

BuBi

The truth and nothing but

Archived