airline seat selection

Dali

Found a free website that is great for assistance to pick the best seat for a flight: seatexpert.com. Has seating diagrams of the planes for most of the world's major airlines, and also tells you which seats are good, which you should avoid, the pitch and width for each type seat, etc.

another one i sometimes use for new routes/flights is

seatguru

the problem is that most of the best seats are already reserved months ago or only available for the airlines' best customers and you have to push hard to get them

You got that right. I reserve my favorite seat (17A or 17K) on SQ Raffles class in the upstairs cabin at least 6 months in advance. Imagine my horror when I boarded the plane earlier this year to find that my beloved 17A seat was not functioning :cussing::banghead:

I had to move downstairs to the only availble seat which was the middle seat in the 3 seat row. :( While still an enjoyable flight, it did not compare to the best seat in the house (1st class excluded of course).

sites like that are good but the best is your own experience! In coach class everyone wants to have the exit seats of course and you barely get them!

In Business it usually makes no difference, there is only 2 better seats with TG which are 4a and 4b because they are the first seats in front of first class and nothing is in front of you but a curtain 2 meters away, downside is that you get your food at least since they are serving from the back to the front!

In my TG profile i have 3a as my preferred seat, again i get my food at last but the first class is nicely arranged, when I recline the seat nobody can see me! The privacy is really great on this certain seat, while 1A has a little bit less leg rest!

**TG first and business class are crap**

Where have you got that from ? Absolute nonsense .Unless you are talking about the old style first generation seats which they probably still use to Australia .We are now at generation 3 which is almost samesame SQ but at much better prices .

BuBi

Which is where my last 3 flights on TG have been - to/from Australia. So this is all I can judge it on. Melbourne gets the new Airbus on a few of its services, but Sydney still gets the clapped-out 747-400's.

Seems flights to Sydney are the last to be upgraded, which seems weird to me. Its an important market for TG, competing directly on this sector with Qantas, BA and Emirates.

Archived