U.S. police officer dies in cambodia

trapperjohn

Cambodian authorities said a SanFrancisco police officer accused of having sex with a 14-year-old girl killed himself while in custody in Phnom Penh.Donald r. Ramirez,who had denied the offense"committed suicide by firing two bullets into his mouth,"said capital police office Keo Thea.Thea said a gaurd left his gun unattended and Ramirez used a broom to reach for it.U.S.and local authorities said the death was being investigated.

Slightly related and apologies for derailing the thread but the suicide rate for cops in the states is fairly high. They call it 'eating a bullet' as they sometimes committ suicide though the mouth to the brain. So I'm not surprised he shot himself.

I wonder if there was any chance the guy would find himself facing time in a US prison for a crime committed in Cambodia (I don't think the two countries have an extradition treaty).

The prospects for an ex-cop and paedo doing serious time in this country are not too good, and just might explain the two bullets!

I mean, he might have been really determined. :)

Ihave long said/believed that cops are just plain fucked up people to start with. High rate of marital problems, sresss, suicide, alcohol all of which are blamed on the job. Truth be told, most of these ass clowns are just plain fucked up to start with...

Frankly, this, and all the other cops gone bad that are well documented should bring changes to the leagal system and the amount of trust/beliefe we put into these assholes...sadly, it does not.

Archived