what is your thailand pet peeve?

theshaw66

i dont like some of the bathrooms in the hotels over there. Some of them just have a shower head next to the toilet ..i have a thing when i travel ,the room dont have to be great,but the bathroom has to be good to go or i wont stay there....another thing i dont like and i'm sure a few of yall are with me on this is the tailors harassing you and the bar girls and ladyboy's doing the same...with the bargirls it was cute the first couple of time's i came to Thailand ,now it's down right annoying....what dont you like about thailand?....p.s and i really hate the taxi's there....always out on the scam..

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with you on that one. I don't like to pull down my pant to take a crap when the floor is wet from someone taking a shower. That won't be a problem in my new house. As I've said before, since I drive, mainly a motorcycle, veryday in Thailand, its the lack of following road rules. If a cr wants my lane and I am right next to him, he or she just starts pulling into my lane and expect me to move or get hit. Its the other motorcyclists zipping around me while I'm slowing down for a traffic light/stop sign, so that they can be first in line when the light is green. Its cars/motorcyclists that don't know a proper right turn at an intersection. They start their turn halfway down the block so they can beat me to the interestion. I've had as many as five cars turn infront of me at an interection when we both had green lights. They just get as close to the other cars so I can't make it through. Car and mototcycles that come off of a side street and go faster (ignoring the stop sign/light) in order to beat you order to get in front of you on the street (and make you slam on your brakes). It doesn't bother me that cars inch out into a busy street and block traffic in order to get on that street ( otherwise, ther would be no way to get n that street). It also doesn't bother me that as one car passes another and you are coming from the other direction on a motorcycle, yo are expected to move to the left as much as possible. Finally, I find it amusing that motorcycles go slowing in the opposite direction for as many as three blocks to avoid having to go down a busy street and make a proper turn. Did I leave any crappy driving practises out?

the tailors are the same...after telling the first one 4 more beside him got their hand out trying to shake and grab....i dont even shake their hand anymore.....

crush a few hands and the word will spread fast not to approach you.

( I find wearing crummy shoes they leave me alone, figuring I am

"poor people")

Archived