what is your thailand pet peeve?

theshaw66

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Racism against foreigners or racism among their own? I'm dating a lady that I've known for two years because she does legitmate massages but she is very sensative aboout being looked down on by other Thais. I've never know anyone from the upper Thai class but I've seen two ladies put down my girlfriend because of her occupation. Needles to say, those two women are no longer welcome company.

I wish someone could explain to them that it is easier to wait until you get out of the lift before they enter it. The other one is tourists who get off the escalators (especially big department stores) and just stand there like idiots.

I like the line " where you from?...........ah I have cousin who live there!" yeah right.

The other one is when they shake their head and say....."yes yes"....when they haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

The only problem with Thailand is the Thais...my good Thai friend always says. Considering their ability to fuck up Nature and not do something about a polluted overfished sea full of beerbottles and fishing lamps as if the natural resources wont dry up, destroying the jungle by cutting impossible roads on steep mountains that cant be used, using sand in the cement that will crumble the road with no drainage and lead to accidents and deaths and the death of the coral below, etc etc etc.

Archived