what is your thailand pet peeve?

theshaw66

Apart from that I got nothing to complain. All forementioned hassles can be prevented and are peanuts in comparison with countries like India or Indonesia.

If they taxidriver doesnt wanna do the meter, dont get in. Dont react to the 'taylors', in the west we learn to be nice to everybody, now you just got to learn not to be nice to everybody. Simple. And easy to do once you discover those ppl are not really nice to You...

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

theshaw66 Said:i dont like some of the bathrooms in the hotels over there. Some of them just have a shower head next to the toilet...

Try staying in even a semi decent hotel. Only cheap shite ones have bathrooms like that.

And that's exactly what i do...but sometimes you dont know what your truly getting until you see it in person. I like to sometimes book hotels online and the pic's looks good,but dont always measure up in person...

theshaw66 Said:...and i really hate the taxi's there....always out on the scam..

Must be you, as apart from the occasional taxi driver trying to charge a fixed fare, when I'm going home from Patpong at the end of the night, I never find them trying any scams!

No sir i dont think it's just me...i've had taxi drivers deliberately drive right into traffic when i know they could have gone another way to avoid it....i've also have had to tell them to stop the meter after getting to my destination ,because on one or more occasions they tried to keep it going while i was getting my bags from the back...i've had them try to short change me...So no it's not me...maybe i have bad luck and have gotten most of the shitty cabbies...some are cool (and i tip those ones good)..but in my experience most haven't been and i've had to check them on it...

Sticking my neck out here but one of my pet peeves is falang who complain about Thailand all the time. Not saying any of you guys are like that.

I'll say what CW implied,

People who have only been to Thailand 3 times and start fucking whinging.

i've had taxi drivers deliberately drive right into traffic when i know they could have gone another way to avoid it....

I suppose you know your way around Bangkok just as much as your home Capital City?

....i've also have had to tell them to stop the meter after getting to my destination ,because on one or more occasions they tried to keep it going while i was getting my bags from the back...

Read the pricing policy on display in every Taxi, when the car is not moving you are charged by the minute, when you are getting your bags out of the Taxi you are still renting it, it an extra 75 Stang for the extra 1 minute is too much you have problems.

If you have problems with Thailand why the fuck do you bother coming here, why not just fuck off to somewhere else and sit with a bunch of whingers like yourself.

"...If you have problems with Thailand why the fuck do you bother coming here, why not just fuck off to somewhere else and sit with a bunch of whingers like yourself..."

Hard to argue with that point really.

I'll add that I am annoyed by the (what seems like) increasing number of farangs who run out of money, or ghave another problem, and feel a need to try and bum a few bhat off of me...(not talking about that dipshit pan handler in the BTS stops...but he is another one).

These fucking twats run short or whatever, their problem, not mine. Additionally, a ton of them are really rude, bordering on threatening at times, when you politely decline their request to bum your funds...

>Read the pricing policy on display in every Taxi, >when the car is not moving you are charged by the >minute, when you are getting your bags out of the >Taxi you are still renting it, it an extra 75 Stang >for the extra 1 minute is too much you have >problems.

The taxi drivers do not like to get stuck in traffic! Like you show, they make crap money just sitting in traffic.

They make much more by quickly getting you to your destination and then get another fare.

The 35 baht fares add up quickly!

I'll say what CW implied,

People who have only been to Thailand 3 times and start fucking whinging.

HOW MANY TIMES DOES SOMEONE HAVE TO COME TO THAILAND TO HAVE ISSUES WITH ONE THING OR ANOTHER? AND DOES THE DURATION OF THERE STAY'S MATTER AS WELL?..I DIDN'T SAY I DIDN'T LIKE THAILAND AS A WHOLE, BUT AS A TOURIST THESE WERE SOME THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE...LIKE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD THAILAND IS NOT PERFECT BY ANY MEANS AND THE REASON I EVEN PUT THIS QUESTION OUT THERE IS TO HEAR TWO SIDES OF THE COIN ,NOT TO HAVE YOU GO OFF ON A VOTE FOR THAILAND RANT AND MAKE THIS PERSONAL AGAINST ME AND ANYONE ELSE WITH A PEEVE OR TWO..THIS IS ALL FOR DIALOG SAKE.I SIT ON HERE DAY AFTER DAY READING ABOUT HOW FUCKED UP THAI WOMEN ARE ,BUT YET EVERYONES STILL EITHER STILL GOES THERE OR WONT MOVE FROM THERE.I HAVE NEVER ATTACKED ANYONE ON THIS SITE FOR HAVING AN OPPINON, BECAUSE I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT WAS PART OF WHAT THIS SITE WAS FOR AND THAT'S WHY I'VE ALWAYS LIKED READING WHAT EVERYONE HAS TO SAY WITH AN OPEN MIND...I DONT THINK EVERYONE ON HERE SEE'S THAILAND AS BEING PERFECT AS MAYBE YOU DO....

I suppose you know your way around Bangkok just as much as your home Capital City?

NO I DONT ,BUT I KNOW IT ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT THE WAY THE CABBIE TOOK WAS TO HIT TRAFFIC HEAD ON..I'VE TAKEN OTHER TAXI'S BEFORE FROM THE HOTEL WHERE I WAS STAYING TO THE AIRPORT AND THEY ALL TOOK THE STRAIGHT APROACH AND HE WENT TOALLY OUT OF HIS WAY TO HIT TRAFFIC AND THIS I KNOW ...I'M NOT MAKING THIS SHIT UP...AND YOU DONT KNOW ME WELL ENOUGH TO KNOW HOW WELL I KNOW MY WAY AROUND THAILAND...IF YOU'D ASKED BEFORE MAKING THIS STATEMENT I MIGHT HAVE SURPRISED YOU

Read the pricing policy on display in every Taxi, when the car is not moving you are charged by the minute, when you are getting your bags out of the Taxi you are still renting it, it an extra 75 Stang for the extra 1 minute is too much you have problems.

AND TO ANSWER THIS ONE ,NO I DIDN'T READ THE DISPLAY AND MIGHT HAVE BEEN WRONG NOT KNOWING THIS ,BUT IT'S HARD TO KNOW THAT WHEN SOME TAXI'S STOP THE METER AT THE LOCATION AND SOME DONT...SO THAT WOULD LEAD TO MY CONFUSION AND HEARING THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME TOUGHT ME A LESSON..WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY I LIKE THIS BOARD

If you have problems with Thailand why the fuck do you bother coming here, why not just fuck off to somewhere else and sit with a bunch of whingers like yourself.

WHEN IT ALL COMES DOWN TO IT I LOVE THAILAND AND THAT'S WHY I COME .THERE ARE MANY THINGS I DO LIKE ABOUT THE PLACE,BUT THERE ARE SOME THINGS I DONT AND I'M SURE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE AS ALREADY YOU CAN SEE FROM SOME OF THE RESPONCES ,AND THOSE THING ARE NOT BAD ENOUGH TO OVER SHADOW THE GOOD THINGS ...I'M AS MUCH OF A WHINEER AS YOU ARE HYPOCRITE

Hi,

"Note KS but I still stand by my comments even though a little harsh."

I have no problem with the opinion, just by the way it was voiced (not the first time either). There's no need to get personal.

Oh, and theshaw66, please don't post in ALL CAPS. It's really annoying to read and impolite (as it is considered as shouting).

Sanuk!

Archived