Study Shows Homophobes Likely to be Homosexually Excited

preahko

Now, granted, all "serious academic research" needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but still, I find this interesting.

I've long held the theory that the bigger, the tougher, the more "manly" the proud self-proclaimed homophobe is (and more importantly, the louder he proclaims his hatred of homosexuals), the more likely he is to secretly long for boy butt (think "the ending to the movie 'American Beauty'"!)...

Now there's an academic study that lends creedence to this theory:

http://tinyurl.com/y5zhno

Think about it: the biggest, brawniest "he-men," who proclaim at every chance how much they "hate homos," these are exactly the ones carrying out all the prison rape around the world, etc., and let's not even get into the world of frat boys, and professional football players in the US...!!

Anyway, food for thought...

preahko

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, interesting...however, givin your interest in this topic, and your willingness to seek it out, I must rule this as GAY propaganda/hogwash! I have also added you to my list of "potential gay" suspects. So the next time you, me and "Mr. Pickles" are out hot tubbing, make sure you are not sitting next to me. :)

Actually, my cousin and his boyfriend are both retired lifers from the Marine corps. Did the blood pinning, and all that. They claim the Corps is full of gays, all claiming to be macho tough guys, just as they did when they were in.

To me, homophobia is just another form of bigotry. And no bigot has been accused of wanting to be a minority (black asian hispanic etc)hence he acts out his hatred because he wants to be one. Ergo, I really do not believe this theory regarding gays at all. Homophobia is bigotry, and bigotry is founded in ignorance and stupidity.

Well no but you also don't get klansmen that are secretly black and can't come to terms withit and hate that side of themselves and are jealous of others that can.

Not saying that you aren't mostly right but the two forms of bigotry aren't compeletley comparable.

I think it is most commonly ignorance and fear of the unknown. I don;t have anything against gay men but they do make me uncomfortable. I don;t like this about myself and I wouldn;t ever let this affect my judgemnent of anyone but I think its partly because I have become close with anyone that is openly gay.

By the same token I always somehow believed that this was a guy thing and that women seemed naturally to be able to get beyond this (generally speaking) as popular culture always seems to talk about how women enjoy the company of gay men. The number of girls I've met that are deeply uncomfortble around lesbians though has blown that myth out of the water.

Like when I went to the gay pride march in Brighton and realised that gay men aren't inherently good dressers. (hint leather ledenhosen is not a sexy look on anyone especially if your fifty, fat and with an untrimmed beard!)

Not sure if that was directed towards me or not Bust but...

To be honest I didn't read the report as it was in small print and looked rather long and I generally come to this board for entertainment rather than education. (not that this board isn't an education in its own right!) It looked like it was a rehash of a very old and much used and abused theory though and the point was that it had gone some way towrds proving that.

Still I'm not sure that there aren't vocal homophobes that aren't gay. Just as I'm sure that some of the most anti prostitution crowd don;t fantasise about sex with bgs or that there aren;t people on this board that will talk about the disgust they feel about middle aged men taking advantage of poor thai farm girls in those terible go go bars when talking about Thailand to friends and family in the real world.

No, not directed at you just a generalization on these type of reports. I consider them time and money wasters in most case usually done to justify an acedemic position or to secure funding. Perfect example, we have report after report issued by government departments here in Australia at the cost of $millions that there is alcohol abuse in aboriginal communities. Now we all know that already, and have done so for decades, yet they still continue to spend money on research and reports instead of spending it on addressing the problem. As for the GAY thing, there are a few experts on the matter on the board. Farang men in halternecks at Gullies on fridays are a dead give away.

Oh you cynic you...sometimes reports are simply done to bring the public attention back to a subject which has drifted out of the spotlight....

Anyway, i don't go to Guiles (? never heard of it) and don't wear halternecks...so i guess i'm not gay then...phew! Bullet dodged.

Archived