Study Shows Homophobes Likely to be Homosexually Excited

preahko

You can always conduct your own social experiments. I have a friend who likes to do this.

If he sees two hotties sitting in a bar, he calls the waitress over to send a round to them on his tab. He gives her a nice tip on the condition that she say the drinks were bought by two fat chicks at a nearby table. Then he watches the scene unfold.

Likewise, if he sees two wimpy looking guys sitting near two bodybuilder types, he'll send drinks over to the wimpy guys under the same conditions. Or v.v.

Mostly his experiments have only caused early exits from the bar. And I know it doesn't prove anything, but it sounds like fun. :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well no but you also don't get klansmen that are secretly black and can't come to terms withit and hate that side of themselves and are jealous of others that can..."

I might argue that Klansmen etc are indeed pissed off at that side of them selves, the side that can't accept anything different, and hate/resent/are jealous of anyone who can accept it.

"...Not saying that you aren't mostly right but the two forms of bigotry aren't compeletley comparable..."

I tend to think all bigotry comes from the same place. Which you stated as

"...I think it is most commonly ignorance and fear of the unknown..."

"... I don;t have anything against gay men but they do make me uncomfortable. I don;t like this about myself and I wouldn;t ever let this affect my judgemnent of anyone but I think its partly because I have become close with anyone that is openly gay..."

I think it may be the type of people, rather than their sexuality. I twisted person is going to make you uncomfortable no matter what their orientation is.

"...By the same token I always somehow believed that this was a guy thing and that women seemed naturally to be able to get beyond this (generally speaking) as popular culture always seems to talk about how women enjoy the company of gay men. The number of girls I've met that are deeply uncomfortble around lesbians though has blown that myth out of the water..."

Women are not as cool with this as they want you to think. at least from my experience.

"...Like when I went to the gay pride march in Brighton and realised that gay men aren't inherently good dressers. (hint leather ledenhosen is not a sexy look on anyone especially if your fifty, fat and with an untrimmed beard!)..."

Nervous Dog looks stunning when he goes out like this! and so do I! Of course, we are not gay... :)

Screwed that up...anyway, I will add that I do agree that many of the fag bashers and out spoken critics of gay rights turn out to be gay, as in the case of the T.V. evengelist who was just outed here by a male prostitute he used.

My incredibly gay cousin, and his boy friend are both retired from the Marines. They both claim that under all the macho tough guy crap, the Corps is full of queers, many in denial, who never act on it, but queer none the less.

I would still argue that the majority of "fag haters" are just bigoted assholes, and nothing more than that to it...could be wrong. I would add, that almost ever study has an agenda they are trying to push/prove.

I think we are in agreement.

Gay bashing is generally just caused by bigotted idiots but occaisonly its fuelled by the fact that deep down these bigotted idiots actually hate their own desire to shirt lift. Of course not everyone in denial is homophobe either. just still not convinced that klansmen are angry because deep deep down they wish they could be nicer or more accepting or dance better and be less susceptible to suncancer.

And thanks for the generous view that its just because the gay people I've met are twisted that I'm uncomfortable around them! sure this is partly true as I have very little in common with incredibly camp catty men and they make me feel very uncomfortable but also non obvious gay people make me feel very slighlty uncomfortable too. Its not anything major and I wouldn't let it affect my judgement or the way I treated anyone but it exists but would also probably go away with exposure. I'd rather be honest with my prejudices and examine them and challange them. Same as I believe that everyone is racist but its all a matter of degree and what counts is how you react to individuals that you encounter.

Oh and I'm sorry didn;t mean to offend you OH. I'm sure if anyone can pull off leather ledenhosen then its you!

Holy farkn hell !!!!

Just stumbled onto this thread....and I've actually used the word ...homophobic....not once but...TWICE...all in the last week or so....

Shit....OH...help...Am I in denial????....Is Miss P. just a way to try and hide and cover up ..."The real Me"????

Am I really a closet..."Bum Bandit"???.....

Well, all I can say is that my ass is a virgin....and I intend to keep it that way....

(well apart from the time in China when that little tart tried to poke an ice cube up there with her tongue....lol.... come to think about it....that wasn't too bad at all....)

farkkkkkkkkkkkkkk....maybe i am a "horse's hoof"!!!!!!

Cheers DC :xmsgrin: :bangit: :bangit: :xmsgrin:

Archived