Swiss man defames HM

FAT_AUSSIE

http://www.komchadluek.net/

Sorry guys for the script.

Story goes like this.

Chiang Mai, a Swiss man 57,y,o, on the 5th, the kings birthday was prohibited from purchasing alcahol. In his wisdom he went and purchased a can of black spray spaint and defaced a picture of the king.

Apparently he required the presence of more than ten army personnel many police to keep the local Thai's from killing him whilst in custody.

Fatty...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thais seem to always be looking for a vent for their supressed hostility

That's an interesting statement. So - after your undoubtedly vast experience with Thais - you know they are generally hostile. But too shy and (of course) greedy to let it out, so it's all suppressed.

I'd like to say you are cute but I can't and so I just assume you aren't.

as for the mob. thais seem to always be looking for a vent for their supressed hostility

Will agree to a point with you that Thai's can explode some times, but if you stop and look at the love Thai's have for the king I can understand them reacting like this.

The Swiss man is stupid beyond belief and I can understand how the Thai's feel.

FA...

Hi,

"but if you stop and look at the love Thai's have for the king I can understand them reacting like this."

I cannot. The guy trashed a *picture* of the King, he did not harm the King himself.

To want to do bodily harm to someone over trashing a picture of the King is a serious overreaction.

Thais tend to lose any measure of rationality they have when something deals with the royal family and I for one think that is pathetic.

Sanuk!

Archived