Swiss man defames HM

FAT_AUSSIE

I don't disagree with you KS, but I'm quite sure you would agree that Thai's are passionate people.

With perhaps less of an ability to deal with things using intellect,discussion, process, they will jump on him.

Right or wrong, thats the nature of the beast. He's in Thailand not Switzerland, I personally have my own opinions but when i'm in Thailand it's yes sir HM is the greatest. To utter less is to disregard to my own personal saftey.

Fkd up part about it is people allways remember the bad things that people do and forget the good, also as humans we like to group people together instead of judging people as individuals.

My family is Thai, I have a home in a close-knit rural region where the locals judge with a broad stick. When I come to Thailand I do more than the right thing and have in my eyes earnt alot of respect from my neighbors. I hate to hear stories of stupid farang who come to Thailand and Fk up.

Tales like this are sometimes told to me by Thai's with the expectation of and opinion, I just have to defame farang as idiots and fools just draw a distinction between the cock up's and myself.

Peace!

Fatty...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<>

And contrived imo anyway. I think they feel this is the way each other is supposed to react so they do. Dont get me wrong, this swiss guy is an arsehole first class or mentally ill.

Funny, but I just read a book, banned in Thailand, about the Royals. The storys, real or not were almost nothing I had not heard from Thais themselves...it apears they know, and just plain don't care. Which in a way is good. Point is, they know this stuff, yet get worked up when someone from the outside writes a book about it all...

That said, yes, this Swis guy is an ass for doing this. Thailand, Thai rules, play the game, or suffer the consequences.

Haven't read the book, but from what I've heard it is as I expected -- tales (true or untrue) that Thais tell each other in private. I wouldn't say Thais don't care. It's more a case of ... "It's none of our business".

p.s. Some of the tales I know for a fact NOT to be true.

It is a very different situation here. School children are taught from day one to respect the "three symbols" of the nation: flag, religion, king. Dis any one of them, and you will get thumped.

e.g. Years ago some Mormon missionaries took photos of themselves on a visit to Ayutthaya. Then they sent the film to a local shop to be developed and printed. The owner was shocked to see pics of the Mormons sitting on top of a centuries old Buddha figure, with their feet on the Buddha's head. The owner alerted the police, who arrested the Mormons for insulting the religion. To the Mormons, it was simply a statue. But the Thais didn't see it that way. (Take a piss on the Mormon temple in Salt Lake City and I bet you'll get a reaction though!)

Took the Mormons a long time to live down that faux pas.

Archived