Thai360 meetings

khunsanuk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for the meetings, I am seriously considering just talking to a bunch of the regulars and making a decision with just them. No offense meant to others, but at the end of the day it is them who will either make it work or not.

Sanuk!

Way to go KS

Smart move. see ya 26th.....wherever...lol..

Cheers DS

Cavanami, was good to see you too, even if you had noIrish Whiskey on you!

I like the little bar, but also it is little, while the meetings at gullivers are small these days only a few months back I remember over 20 people , at belgium gor 20 would be hard to fit in side.

I like the idea of belgium dog being the regular haunt of Thai 360 for non Fridays, like last night whcih was fun.

The BBQ would struggle I fear if 10 people ordered food at once'

DOG

KS,

I fear I haven't bee a regular much lately. Sad because I used to really look forward to the meetings.

The job is part of it, but also it's become something of a chore to get there and sometimes not worth the effort (especially if I wind up eating alone)

I think Gulliver's might be part of the problem. Woodstock was great for many reasons.

The atmosphere was great and it had a great location for the beginning of a night out. I liked having the go-go's just outside the door. Now you have to make an effort to get there.

I liked having it be in a naughty area. Now I feel obliged to bring the wife and baby, which limits my level of conversation and precludes going out after. If we were back in Nana or Cowboy I would have a good excuse to have them stay home (don't tell them)

People actually ate at Woodstock. The food is very pedestrain at Gullivers and it seems like half the people who come wind up leaving after 30 minutes to go eat somewhere else. I think our meeting location should be a place people want to eat...hard to get an interesting conversation going when people are constantly coming and going.

Taxi's are a bitch. For whatever reason, taxi drivers are difficult to flag down at the end of that soi. Plus, I usually have to go through 4 or 5 rejections before getting one to take me home.

We have also lost some characters. I would agree that most of us who go are expats who have been here for awhile...and frankly, we (me most definately included) are getting a little boring. (with Nervous Dog being the exception to the rule) Back when Stef, soiAngel, and Shit Spattered Dog were around every night was an adventure. We should definately encourage newcomers and visitors and maybe arrange some bar hops afterwards to welcome them to Bangkok.

I haven't been to the place on soi 22, but it sounds interesting. Another option might be the Old Dutch British pub and restaurant right outside Soi Cowboy. The food is decent (if slow and overpriced) and the go-go's are steps away. Easy to make a night of it. Also, close to the skytrain and subway so transportation very easy.

Just a few thoughts...I would love to bring back those good old days.

P.S. I remember that night USVirgin. I was a newbie then too, and it was one of the best times I've had in Patpong. That was back when people actually danced at the dance contests (not that I don't prefer the beer bottle shows and aggressive lesbianism that came later) I do miss those dance contests...

Hi,

"Woodstock was great for many reasons."

Funny this. Didn't we have a similar discussion a few years ago about whether or not to move from Woodstock to somewhere else? :)

I agree though that Woodstock was quite nice (although I did not like the fact that it was inside the plaza). Would love to meet at the new Woodstock (which I hear is great), but unfortunately it is way too far.

Sanuk!

Since I'm not that much in BKK, I don't really care where the meeting is, but it sure is nice to catch up once or twice a year.

The regulars aren't that accomodating however, on a few meetings I found it very hard to get more than a nod, if at all, from some people attending.

One is not necessarily made feel welcome, if one doesn't know the folks attending. JMHI.

That's exactly why I stopped coming by when I am in Bangkok.

Now if sometimes a "night out" would be organised I might consider coming down from cold Issaan :drunk:

belgium dog, i quite like your place and nominate it for the "regular" Thai360 bar, but no way while people playing pool (Which we also enjoy) would you get 20 people in there comfortably.

Also it is the same problem of distance, I agree 100% with what it'smedave wrote, the venue should be as close as possible to the fun areas as possible, and the most popular ones at that, hence while I prefer Soi 33 over Nanaplaza, a place near nana or Cowboy or better still in or beside would in my eyes be perfect.

DOG

Funny this. Didn't we have a similar discussion a few years ago about whether or not to move from Woodstock to somewhere else?

If I recall, wasn't the discussion about trivial matters such as the quality of food, the surliness of the staff, and perhaps some overcharging?

No one ever mentions the great things about the place.

:)

Archived