all take and no give???

deadman

hi guys

been here 5 years and still aint too sure what one can expect regarding a TG making some contribution towards the....ummm, wots the word, liasion, companionship, relationship??

lived with a girl for bit more than 2 yrs, she worked in a factory so her income wasn't much. in this case i didn't mind contributing to our living expenses. however, over time they slowly increased dramatically. in the end i found out she was siphoning everything she could into her super fund. the usual story, she just couldn't understand that my resources have a limit, not to mention my patience.

my current girl (not live in) has an income a bit short of 30K, and about 100K in her savings account. yet despite this, she's reluctant to make any contribution to our social expenses. of course i don't expect her to pay 50% of everything, i'd just be happy with a token contribution. man, if there's one thing i hate, thats bickering over money. to me, it's less about the money than the girl making some kind of committment to the partnership. even if i had loads of cash i'd still feel i'd want her to contribute in some way. it often seems it's all take take take, but no give.

this particular union is coming to and end anyway, as she is about to take another job upcountry. but it's left me wondering if i'm expecting too much from TG's??? despite my experience, and what i've heard, i just can't believe that there aren't girls out there that value their independence.

so many TG's just don't get it that while farangs may be better off in comparison, they don't have an endless supply of cash.

anyway, if anyone has something to add, please do.

cheers

dm :confused:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, par for the course.

But they'll only take as much as they percieve you will give. That perception/ deception becomes an art form, in fact once you find you can have the upper hand on a TG you'll feel empowered.

It can be done, I did it, my wife was like that in the beginning but now there is less you and me and more us.

don't give up.

Fatty...

[color:red]

"I have it on good authority that many working married Thai women keep what they earn, and the man pays the tab...no idea what she does with all "her" money."

[/color]

Old Hippie, you break me up. you understand too much!

My wife has a friend (in the US) who has been here for a long time - decades. She keeps her money even though she has a very good job doing the accounting for a franchised restaurants.

She and and her husband have their own place and somehow, another home was bought. The farang husband doesn't live there. Somehow she was able to bring over a Thai man and he lives in that house along with their daughter. Hard to believe but I have been to the house and met the Thai man and the daughter.

About a week ago, I met the farang husband. All he could tell me was he had to cut up all of their credit cards. No more comment.

Thais, no matter where they are, all seem to operate in a soap opera world.

Pretty simple really ...In Thai society "pee",the one with who is older,richer and "wiser" :smirk: always pays forever unless negotiated otherwise..Plus you are a farang and everyone knows they have limitless cash just by being farang. :(

Exceptions do exist however quite rare... and these are more usually found among late 20 early thirty professional women.

It IS annoying.

Plus you are a farang and everyone knows they have limitless cash just by being farang. :(

to be fair, there are reasons they assume farangs have limitless cash:

1. the fact that you are in thailand. it means that you could afford a plane ticket to come here...an unfathomably huge expense to many thais

2. your behavior while here. do you

-eat all your meals for 30 baht on the street?

-live in a 2,500 baht per month apartment?

-ride buses to get where you're going in BKK?

-consider 1,000 baht a HUGE amount to spend

for an entire night out?

if you answered no to the above, you are engaging in behavior that, to many thai's eyes, shows that you have unlimited supplies of money...

preahko

Archived