Psychological study of punters...?

Old Hippie

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my experience this is my run down of the "typical" bangkok punter.

Of course other people will have many different types and sub-types...

The Hunter: This is the guy who has failed to secure to get a girl in the west. His social skills just didnt weigh up to the task of seducing that western women he craved. In a last gasp attempt at finding his "true love" he spots an advert online or reads some article in a paper about the asian brides.

Full of new found confidenece he heads off to LOS, and enters the bar scence ready to fall in love with the first honey that he lays his eyes on. he goes in for marriage quickly and tries to repatriate her quickly.

The Formerley Had a Western Bitch Guy: this guy is in his late 30's and up. His marriage has broke down, and he got burned in the ensuing legal battle that followed. He heads off to LOS, as he just needs to get away. He comes to LOS, and falls in with a lovely girl, and he rejoices in his new found joy, and wondered why he had wasted all those years with that "western bitch"

This punter can break off into other sub-types. He may have come out oh his divorce smelling of roses and so tries to start a busniess with his new found love, buys some land, a condo etc.

Of course he may have come out of his marriage smelling of shit, and be broke. This is the punter who ends up staying in the 2500 baht a month room smoking yaba with his ageing bar girl who has popped a few buns from her oven already. he strives and struggles to make ends meet in Thailand and maybe his girl falls pregnant. This leads him to make several trips back each year to farang land to work 80 hours a week to support his girl and come back to LOS.

The Unsuspecting One: This is the guy who naviely came to Thailand with some friends for a 2 week holiday or was on his way to OZ with a back pack. One night he decided to venture to Patpong, Nana etc or else he met a thai girl hunter on Ko san, RCA etc who he fell for. He got the taste of those Thai female pheromones, and his travel plans suddenly change. He spends all is time with his new found love, until he realises he had no money but can t bare the thought of saying goodbye to his sweetheart. This is when he goes into an internet cafe and visits the ajarn site and says to himself "maybe I could teach English?"

This leads to a successful interview with a 30,000baht a month job landed in the bangkok suburbs. He heads off to MBK and gets his 300 baht shoes, 200baht shirt, 300baht trousers and pack of three ties from the street vendor, 2 for 100 baht rack.

Incessant Dreamer Guy: This is the guy who has been a regualr on the scene for a few years. He could have come to the scene through many ways, holiday, divorce,curiosity,accident etc. This guy isnt prepared to settle for teaching english. he is wise to the game and isnt fooled or cunt struck like the above 3 punters. He knows the game. So he spends 6 months working in farang land and then comes to thailand for a few months a year, and has a blow out. This guy is a seasoned pro. he knows what he wants. It doesnt bother him to work out the winter months in a factory because the whole time he is dreaming about all the whores he will conquer in LOS. He counts the days down. He comes on forums like Thai 360 to relieve his boredom of farang society. This huy arrives with 2 suitcases. One fool of condoms, lubs,viagara and a smaller case with his clothes.he spends his time planning what MP's he ll visit, how much hell pay for his meat etc.

Another sub-type that comes with this punter is that he will be dreamiong up all sorts of ways to cement his stay in LOS to long time.

Expat: This guy will be married, have a decent standard of living, and have a few kids. He will be 1 or 2 nights a week man at Soi cowboy, nana, having lost faith in Patpong years ago.he will know all the best bars, after hours and best girls. He will have a few regulars who he can call on. He may also bemoan the "current nightlife" scene and its decline.

The Junkie: This is the guy who falls for a downtrodden bar girl and gets into the Freddy Flintstone(yaba) and possible alcoholism. He will be a OCD possibly and spean all day in his room in Pattaya or somwehere smoking yaba with his bitch, and venturing out at night for drinking. He may be unsocialable type and be prone to depression and getting misxed up in the wrong company. Sometimes this punter ends up in the Pattaya daily after having "jumped" from his 1o floor apartment.

The Down right Weirdo: This guy is those punters you see from time to time, who is just a weirdo. The type you may see on Suk at 2,3,4 in the morning. The one who has never any company, drinks and tries to get whatever scraps he can.He may look homeless and unshaven, unwashed etc.

These are just some of the types I have come across. I know its quite general...but its what I see generally.

anyone got any others...

Yeah, you didn't fit me into any of the above catagories...

I'm the rich kid, who was travelling around the world, came to LOS and decided to stay, didn't have a GF for months, didn't work, didn't even go to any p4p place until i'd been here for 9 months (yes, i know!...i was avoiding that kinda stuff)...then went nuts for a while...now knows way too much, but settled for a hiso TG who i hope to marry one day. Really has no clue as to what is going to happen next, but knows he needs to sort his shit out at some point....one day...maybe....anyone got any ideas? I don't suffer any personality defects (well, just normal ones) and had a lot of GFs in the UK...i just got bored or farang women...TGs are just soooo much more beautiful imho.

All of your above examples seem kinda negative in some way...some folks are relatively normal and come here cos it's better than the bloody UK!

Btw, which one of your above examples are you?

I guess to some extent I was the unsuspecting naive guy,age 23 who was passing through with a backpack. I guess its a kind of privileged position to be in at 23. Did nt go to Uni,instead opted to see the world and had the understanding folks who did nt mind.I had been in India travelling, and then came to Bangkok. I planned to leave but a friend dragged me out, and I met a lovely thai model, former Cosmo model, and had a 14 month relationship. Never went to Oz in the end. Had the money to stay without working.

I also didnt go near the p4p scence until I got more and more curious, and like yourself went mad for a while. I probably went through all my types at some point,LOL,the weirdo included. Although I never got into getting thai birds to shit on my coffee table, not that weird

yes you said my types are all negative. Not all, the guy who knows what he wants and comes 3 months of the year just to fuck,fairplay. And of course these guys have genuine feelings and do fall in love. I was just creating a bit of a parody of the characters i meet sometimes.Not judging them as such,just I happened to meet alot of guys who got into this position with getting a girl pregnant,falling in love,staying in shiity rooms doing teaching jobs just to stay with their love,again fairplay,kinda sweet in a way. ...however I wasnt including people outside the P4p scene who like yourself are with HI so girls,or regular girls.OP was talking about the bar girl scene whcih I do think has negative elements. People do lose control and perspective, and alcoholics.

I was really talking about only the P4p hunter.

Of course I m sure there are many positves in this scene also :):):):)

Archived