Riddled with viruses

Fidel

My personal laptop.. which has been causing me much hassle with failed hard drives and dodgy DVD trays now appears to be riddled with: Trojans, Backdoors, Droppers... when I try to use task manager a message saying "Your administrator has disabled this fucntion" or words to that effect, is displayed.

I've scanned the machine with AVG, it detected a bunch of stuff and "fixed it", I also used Hijack This and Adaware SE.

However.. it keeps coming back. ASO actually returned a log file saying there were keystroke loggers installed. Now I can't use the f**king thing for anything as I'm not sure what the bastards will pick up.

The only thing I haven't done is start it in safe mode and run all the anti-virus stuff...

Oh, it all started when this annoying NSIS Media shit started popping up all over the place.

Any help is much appreciated.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a problem like yours a while back. I bought several spyware, anti-virus, etc programs. I ran each program about 3-6 times each. Each pass it seemed to pick up more shit. When it didn't pick up any more shit, I went to another program. I also deleted programs I no longer needed. When everything seemed okay, I ran a registry program. I ran this till there were no more errors.

When this was all done, I rebooted my computer.

Happiness.

Went out and installed a nice anti spyware program, firewall, etc. and have had no problems since.

I'm going through a rough technology patch at the moment.

I had the saga with the mis-matched serial number on my failed hard disk which HP refused to replace. Now the damned DVD tray is stuck (no point in sending it to HP as it has probably also been fished out of a rubbish skip at a cheap Chinese factory) and my machine is also riddled with viruses.

The other day I bought a sub woofer and speakers. They worked at the shop but not at my house! A wiring probelm maybe? I dunno... I may have to abandon technology altogether.

Archived