U.S. GIs fighting in Philippines

Fidel

not this war crime crap again :(

OC

why not? is it less a crime just because it was said too many times? When your country was alledgedly attacked it was 3 buildings and 5000 people, we all called that terrorism. The revenge of the USA was to invade 2 other countries and the forces of your country have destroyed entire cities and have killed 50 times more people and brought instability to those countries! Invading the Iraq was based on fabricated intel, remember the satellite pictures of mobile missiles and chemical weapons? It was farbicated and the reason for the invasion. Fabricating evidence is a crime, invading and killing for no valid reason is a crime times 10! I can respect that an american or maybe a patriot doesn't wanna hear it, I respect that, but it doesnt change the facts and nobody should be silenced about it! If you have ever lost a person you loved then you know how that feels, how would you feel when the person you love would be killed for no good reason? In Iraq that happnend times 250.000. There was simply no reason!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As Lazy Phil said, you're "obsessed"...symptomatic of poor mental health. But up to you...go ahead and wank over your keyboard, but your complexion will never clear up and you might end up being blind.

HH

Touché Hugh....touché!

"...If you ask him what the Kurdish Pershmerga backed by Americans are supposed to do about the Mahdi Army he just sorta shrugs or says that's for the military to decide..."

Well, that is the single biggest problem, the guy rerally doesn't know. He is relying on people telling him what to say, and what to believe...similar to the way Reagan ran his bunch...or should I say was run by his bunch...?

I remember Reagan going on tv and spouting off about El Salvador, and everything going on...the Russians, the Cubans etc...problem was, I was there, and none of what he was saying was true...was he lieing? intentionally deceiving the American public? or was it just a matter of saying what his advisors were teklling him to say, with out him really having a clue? Could be the same here...frankly I don'[t think GWB is smart enough to be making any of these decisions, be they good or bad...

As for the valid points he makes...the most valid is of course trying to have some stability in the region, which would assure the flow of oil, which BTW, the ENTIRE WORLD NEEDS, NOT JUST THE USA! So it is in everyone's interests that something be done to asure the oil flows...better yet, we need to devise a way in which we limit or eliminate our need for it in the first place...just got an idea for a thread...

I guess one of the perks of the job is that you get to rape local women with impunity..

Another sad' date=' puerile comment.

HH[/quote']

Is that right Hugh?

[color:green]Manila, 22 Dec. (AKI) - The United States has cancelled the annual joint military drill with the Philippines originally scheduled to take place early next year because of the continued detention of a US serviceman convicted of rape, a US embassy spokesman told Adnkronos International (AKI). Mathew Lussenhop said the US had cancelled the main joint military drill between the two countries, the so-called Balikatan (shoulder-to-shoulder) exercises, originally, scheduled to take place late February next year.

[/color]

Source

[color:green]A local court on Dec. 4 sentenced Smith -- from St. Louis, Missouri, -- to 40 years' imprisonment and ordered him detained in a Manila jail. Later that month, Foreign Affairs Secretary Alberto Romulo and U.S. Ambassador Kristie Kenney agreed to move Smith to the U.S. Embassy even while his appeal to be moved to U.S. custody was still pending before the Court of Appeals.

The activists demanded a stop to joint U.S.-Philippine military exercises and the scrapping of the 1998 Visiting Forces Agreement, a bilateral pact that governs the conduct of U.S. troops in the Philippines.

"We are condemning our government led by (President) Gloria Macapagal Arroyo who permitted this illegal transfer," said Eleanor de Guzman, chairwoman of Anakbayan. She said the move was "a mockery of democracy and national sovereignty."

The transfer has elicited protests and prompted lawyers of the 23-year-old rape victim to file petitions in court seeking to hold in contempt Smith and officials concerned, and to declare the VFA unconstitutional.

The Supreme Court on Tuesday ordered six officials including Foreign Secretary Alberto Romulo, Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita and Justice Secretary Raul Gonzalez to comment within 10 days on the petition of the rape victim.

[/color]

Full Story

I will point out, that in the USA, and most likely many other countries, there are severel people from forign countries here on diplomatic passports, with imunity, who are frequently held on sexual assault/rape charges and numerous other crimes...Rape is not just limited to the USA military.

Fair point OH. But how often do they threaten to cancel military exercises or other sanctions unless a convicted rapist is released?

If it was a girl you knew from a bar in Pattaya, NP or anywhere else for that matter, I think you'd be shocked if the Thai courts simply handed her convicted rapist over to his embassy without even following judicial procedures..

Archived