38 blinking cartoon signs shut down Boston

foreigner

video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv9s_fz0K2I

Officials found 38 blinking electronic signs promoting the Cartoon Network TV show "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" on bridges and other high-profile spots across the city Wednesday, prompting the closing of a highway and the deployment of bomb squads.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/SUSPICIOUS_DEVCES?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2007-02-01-09-05-54

Americans are so paranoid .. & rightfully so.

video of arrested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx2ytr2Oyv4

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Ted Turner a big Bush Supporter? His wife (ex?) is running her mouth again, sogould be a tough call, I'd say a big public fine, bigger donation (less public) and some sort of crap...doubt they'll see jail time...but then the way things here are changing, hard to really say...

these guys put up 38 21st century 'posters'.

nothing more .

Hippie .. you are making Jerry roll over in his grave & Bill Graham consider cleaning telephone poles of old Filmore posters.

just another posturing wanna be that doesn't get the Height .. never did, wanted to, knew it was right to get it .. but didn't.

38 signs / posters = 5 years in jail ..

now, that is idiocy, uniquely righteous wing nut american posturing because they are to uptight to understand fun ..

what is the crime?

to mutt fun, 5 years, Now, that is 21st century amerikan nut case logic..just because Americans are rightfully looking over their shoulders & frequently wisely ducking..

38 fun signs send 'brave arse kickin' sniveling Americans into panic convulsions. :neener:

& Jane Fonda was intellectually correct during Vietnam .. granted, perhaps sitting on the NV anti air craft gun turret was over the top ..

viva Barbella.

.. actually, she never had a worthwhile movie, her brother 1 more than her dad.

Hmmm, where to begin...first off, I KNEW BILL GRAHAM!, Went to his home many times! Knew Brent as well. Jeez, the anger issues that guy had, and Kruetzman too! And lets not get into Mountain Girl and that whole shoving The "Black Widow" through the plate glass door at Bob's house! Yikes, what a mess that was! I pale in comparision to any/all of them. Oh, And Jerry had his moments as well! BTW, Jerry was Cremated, hence no way to be rolling over in his Grave. But I digress.

The reports here, stated that Severel battery operated "devices resembling home made bomb" were left in public areas, stirring a panic. Not just simple posters. In this day and age, doing so, is just plain assinine for all reasons, be they right or wrong. The time it took to sort the matter, took away resources from the rest of the public, who may well have needed them. That is just a simple fact.

These people did indeed stir a panic, and it was for no good reason. They deserve some punishment...5 years is indeed extreame, but given their pompous attitudes, a kick in the nuts is in order. Sortit out in court, punish the corporate asshiole who came up with the idea, slap around the punk kids who carried it out, and I am happy.

Now, Jane Fonda and her side kick Joan Baez (who I met severel times, WHAT A PRETENTIOUS ASSHOLE!)...were never intellectually right about anything...yes, Vietnam was maybe a mess, and we should have learned from it. The pictures of her (Jane) in Hanoi are nothing, the one that pissed me off, was the picture of her scolding the American POW. Had Vietnam been declared a war, she could have been and SHOULD have been tried for treason...forget the exact technicality that prevented that...

They way she and others viewed the returning Vets was nothing short of just plain wrong, no way to justify it! She had decent tits in Barabarella, and a decent ass in that movie with Redford, which I only caught glimpses of...I lop her into the same class as Sly Stallone, and we all know what I think of that asshole...

Peter Fonda was a lousy Actor, Easy Rider was a decent attempt at a a movie, but he blew chunks in it...I will forgive him, as he father Bridget Fonda, who is one hot Piece of ass for a white chick! Henry Fonda, was good in on Golden Pond, absolutely love Katherine Hepurn, go figure...

So in summery, Hippies Are allowed to be angry at times, Jane fonda and Joan BAez are useless old cows, Henry Fonda was ok Peter Fonda gets a pass, and I love Katherine Hepburn and Bridget Fonda. Hope this clears up things.

everything can look like a bomb

everyone can look like a terrorist

the john Kerry sense of humor reflects the Boston smile factor.

:topic:

Jane was right about the war

& certainly had no right to scold anyone.

:yeahthat: IMHO, anyone speaking out against colonialism / imperialism is correct.

Vietnam was as cooked up as is Iraq.

my new favorite war song is Big & Rich's "8th of November."

Of course this will be spun to make it look like Bostonians have no sense of humour.

"I regret that this incident has created such anguish and disruption for the residents and law enforcement officers of this city," Berdovsky said. "I certainly never intended to do anything to frighten this community, which has welcomed and nurtured me for 10 years."

(Translation: People shouldn't be so uptight.)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070202/ap_on_re_us/suspicious_devices

Archived