38 blinking cartoon signs shut down Boston

foreigner

as I read the reports ..

10 cities had the promotion & only 1 went ballistic, so to speak.

the signs are now on ebay for $2000+

ebay has some cool concert poster for sale..

how bout a boston joke:

Q: what was clinton's biggest mistake in the Monica affair?

A: not letting ted kennedy drive her home.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news confernece. I love it when someone gets the better of the media. Incidently the beatles style did make it into the 70's but only because of the slow fashion sense in some countries. By then the feathered flyback look had been born , preferring a center part, and a shorter sides as worn by pretty boys like Leif Garret and David Cassidy.

I'm in Beantown now. The reason the gov went ballistic is that these 'ads' were placed in areas that would be likely to be thought a bit sensitive to terrorist concerns. The mayor Tom Menino was bullshit that it all turned into/out to be some silly prank and wasted resources the city can ill afford to use up on some stupid advertising prank. Looks like Turner is going to pay a million or more to cover the expenditures of the state/city in this. The 2 prats they arrested (and released) and who were on the news today? Fucking snickering smirking idiots. Does anyone else hate those dirty nasty looking dreadlocks on white boys from the suburbs who want to look cool?

Sense of humor? Over what? Oh, the lighted plaques with the sponge Bob looking character flipping the bird was amusing, and in retrospect many can laugh at this, especially those not caught in the traffic jams this shit caused, but in this day and age of terrorism and bomb plots I am surprised, or will be, if these guys and the company that hired them do not have further problems with the law. I saw pics of these 'ads' and they did look like something that could be considered a suspicious device. Had wires and batteries attached to them that could have fucking been connected to anything really. Wasn't until some cops saw one in a darkened area that they saw the SpongeBob type dude giving them the finger and realized it was some sort of prank.

Ah yes, these are 'guerilla' advertisers. How cool. What crap. Buy TV commercial time or ad space in magazines and newspapers for chrissakes.

Amazingly enough no one really seems to look at this as a warning sign. If these clowns could plant all these things in these fairly sensitive areas, imagine if some nutter terrorists get the idea to do the same with some similar stuff although with TNT or plastique.

In many of the cities targeted this was done in much less sensitive areas of placement for these 'ads'. Here in Boston they were placed on or near major highways, bridges, transit hubs, etc. Boston and a couple other cities had this happen in a different manner and this unfolded in Boston as a sequence of other terrorist related news unfolded that same day. The terrorist arrests in Britian, a potential 'pipe-bomb' found in a drawer on the second floor of the New England Medical Center, and another suspicious device was found near the Longfellow Bridge.

Berdovsky, the dreadlocked buffoon, was recorded as stating that the company that hired them, Interference, told them to place the ad devices around "train stations, overpasses, hip and trendy areas, high traffic areas of high visibility". Not too bright really in this day and age. People are nervous, the police and other departments are nervous, and there are reasons to be nervous really in a big city in the states now-a-days I'd think.

It amazes me how much this all cost the city really. 500,000 for the city, and around 500,000 for the MBTA as well they claim. A million bucks tax payer money wasted on some silly prank ads for a freaking cartoon show. Don't we get buried daily, hourly, every minute, with ads enough to drive one insane for shit we don't want or need without giving these morons more leeway to spam us in other ways. Buy a fucking billboard ad Turner. Fuck off.

I just don't believe in this mass hysteria. I see it contributes to the problem more that addresses it. I blame the Government and media for drumming up the fear in everyone in the first place. Reality is you never see a terrorist attack coming.

Jane and Joan are both loads. Jane in my opinion was also guilty of undermining the troops, and encouraging others to treat them like shit when they returned home. Joan was anti war, and that is understandable, but she was also a bit of an asshole about it...having met her many times, she is still the pretentious asshole she always was.

Archived