Etihad

Sukhumvit

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My own personal experience with Ethiad was very positive.

Brand new planes well kitted out, polite and helpful staff good food and very competitively priced.

I personally prefer the direct flights from London however if you don't mind the stop in Abhu Dabi I'd recommend them highly.

Cheers

Etihad - what a gang of muppets. :mad:

So I got my 1 year return ticket in the UK, not knowing exactly when I'd want to return. :confused: Provisionally booked a return for next week to keep within 30 day visa on arrival regs as previously have had ummms and aaahs :crazy: at check in at Manchester when have had a return longer than 30 days. :o

The old travel agent today rings them to change my return flight so as to make it open and then I'm free to choose when I wish to return to UK, up to Feb next year. Etihad "no hab" seat. :( Everything booked till then, allegedly. Okay, over the busy period for Christmas and high season can accept that. However they also claim that the high season for Arabs is August/September/October and "no hab" seats then either. :thumbdown: The lady muppet in BKK claims it's due to the travel agent in UK. Cojones I say. :onfire: I paid for a 12 month return ticket. Travel agent here in Pattaya says normally with other airlines no problem. For some reason Etihad problem. :dunno:

So, all I wanna do is change my ticket to an open return. They want me to upgrade and book a firm return date. When I tried, they still "no hab" for the three months that they tried. What a load of toss. :cussing:

Looks like I'm gonna have to forego the return ticket and just buy a single whenever I feel like returning to UK. :shakehead

Should have just got a tuppence happeny Air Jihad return and flown camel class. Quel nightmare.

24 hours is a long time in Pattaya.

Went back to same travel agent today. Saw a different guy. :D He rang Etihad and spoke to a different person. They cancelled next week's return and explained as it's a 12 month return I need to pay a fee to re-book return. No ploblem. And all for a 20 baht phone call. :thumbup:

Whether there's gonna be any return seats when I come to book is another story. :crazy:

Archived