Mai Sanuk In Saudi

Hugh_Hoy

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good chance they are all Filipinos...or mostly...my ex picked up word of it from her brother who is in Riyada. Basically, the shit hole attracts tons of them as a source of cheap labor. Apparently Saudis can't do shit for themselves...

According to the ex, Filipinos frequently get targeted for abuse because of their strong catholic beleifs, and if the cops just feel like fucking with someone, they know there is no way for these guys to fight back...Doesn't matter that the Filipino papers are full of horror stories, these guys just keep flocking over...

Not so many years ago the Saudis raided an apartment where they got word that some Filipinos were gathering each week to say Catholic prayers!

:yikes: BURN THE WITCH!!!

The Sow-dees were going to execute the leaders and give the rest long prison terms. But the Flip govmt persuaded the Sow-dees merely to flog the leaders and then expel the lot of them for daring to insult the one and only true faith.

A few days spent in a place like Tondo, a beach side suburb of Manila, or Bulican a garden province on the outskirts, and you'll see why they flock to any job opportunity regardless of the risk of the occasional flogging.

Overcrowding, despair, crime and poverty equal to anywhere else in the world. somehow the Catholics do it better than anyone else.

The problems are getting worse, basically, the PI's best export is educated labor. The people are educated, but due to corrupt government there is little/no foreign investment, and thus no jobs. Since the government will not stop it, the problems will continue. Though I do understand some Tech support is being insorced there...

The standard of the education provided is fairly low OH, places like JollyBee's advertise for college grads to wait tables. The nurses who qualify there are only employed as 'enrolled nurses' in Australia, the bottom level of that profession, you know, the cute ones who bring the bedpan.

The education level/literacy level *used* to be pretty high in the PI. Nurses are given an exam here (USA) before entering, the pass, they get an H-1 visa, and have (I think) 6 months to pass the state exam in what ever state they reside...this is/was how my ex got here, and tons more like her.

As for Jolly Bee (SHIT FOOD!) advertising for college grads...keep in mind, college is basically high school, and University is just that, university...and shit Uni grads here can'tget jobs so wait tables and shit jobs to pay the bills.

Archived