Mai Sanuk In Saudi

Hugh_Hoy

I once taught a class of international army officers that included 3 Saudis and one very likeable little Captain from Aden. He was a Sandhurst graduate, no less. The Saudis were totally lost and I have no idea what they were doing in the class, since the captain from Aden had to translate everything I said into Arabic for them. They were pleasant enough and smiled a lot, but clearly had no idea what the hell was going on.

Instructors who taught the electronics classes told me the Saudi officers would refuse to do any work on the equipment, saying they were commissioned officer and that was NCOs work.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As someone else mentioned i believe the Persians are not technically arabs? I knew a few back in the 70's as we had quite a few studying at the same college as me. Most seemed ok. I've very little first hand experience of Saudis but i've never heard anything good about them from various expats i know who have had the displeasure to work/live there. What i'd like to know is what is going to happen to all the high tech weaponry being sold to them after the house of Saud finally falls to nutty fundamentalists?!

Simie.

Archived