Good for him!!!

cavanami

Thanks SD, but blame those parents of mine for telling me who didn't care what my friends (or girlfriends) looked like as long as they were good people. And for always inviting who ever I brought home to dinner.

As for Obama or whoever runs, I'm pretty much frustrated with American politics. My first rule is someone who is honest and true to themselves. Bush seemed like it at first but he's contradicted himself and he's too religious. When you take the oath you are putting the constitution over your religious beliefs. Because it will contradict your religion at some point.

The experience factor is a bit overdone perhaps. Too much experience to means you're probably in the pockets of the lobbyists special interest and that's why you're in office as long as you are.

There are a few that seem honest for the most and true themselves. Russ Feingold of Wisconsin, McCain from Arizona. I don't know enough about Nancy Pelosi to say one or another. I'm also watching this Edwards guy from South Carolina. I think Obama won't run till 2012 IF the Dems lose and I can't see how they will. Only Guiliani and McCain have a chance and the religious right won't accept either, especially Guiliani who is pro choice.

Anyway, back to the original topic. I heard Rooney say some very blunt things about the Iraq war which suprised me a couple months ago. He was fed up...like many of us.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, Auburn! I used to work at Redstone Arsenal, up near A&M. Folks would always asks me around football time if I was for Alabama or Auburn. I'd reply A&M. :)

It used to be hilarious ... Auburn fans were almost always Auburn grads. Most Alabama fans hadn't even graduated from high school. I remember the bumper stickers: "Alabama fan in trunk" etc.

Archived