Good for him!!!

cavanami

I've always preferred 'Black' to 'African American'. For me the term separates the black diaspora. What about black brits in America, or Africans born in Africa or blacks from Brazil, Venuezula and the caribbean? They aren't 'African-American', and the term black kinda united all blacks, while African American to me separtes the various black peoples into an us and them category. That was not the intent but that is how its occuring. Even though personally, I hate focusing on race, etc. (despite my screen name...lol...long story for another day). I have very dear from friends from a variety of countries, colors and religions and they have the one thing in common that is most important than all the other crap and that is they are good people and good friends.

Over 100 years ago in NYC, the majority of people in jail were of Irish descent. Some of the ver same reasons why blacks are the majority in NYC today.

I don't own a gun but I'm a firm believer in the right to own one. They just need to enforce the laws that are presently on the books. We've had this debate on here before. A prevalence of guns in and of itself does not mean you'll have a violent culture or Switzerland would have one of the highest murder rates in the world. I went to uni in Alabama and just about every 16 y.o. got a .22 rifle on his birthday to go hunting with his dad. It was a rite of passage and there weren't too many muders in thos small, sleepy Alabama towns despite having at least one gun or shot gun or hunting rifle in just about every home.

But as someone said, a lot of things is common sense but its said, common sense is not really too common nowadays.

One of the best posts I have read on this forum for a long time!

Thumbs up CS!

MaW (who will be nursing a Heiniken in exactly 3060 Minutes in Lamai!!!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I am adopted, I was for years "an American of unknown orgin" Imagine how deprived I felt not having a specific hyphen to put in there...I found out a little of a tear ago, that my birth mother is a Mongal-Siberian, same as adopted mom is/was...I have no idea what that really means, but at least 1/2 the mystery is solved...So I am now officially An "at lwast 50% Mongle Siberian -American" Now I feel better. er maybe not... :dunno::dunno::banghead:

Steve-o, and that post shows exactly why I love ya man. Very well said. Err, love you in a manly way, not an Old Hippie way...uh, just forget it.

BTW, I have no problem with Obama at all, save his lack of political experience (but maybe that's a good thing). He reminds me a bit of Bobby Kennedy and we could use someone like that now. I was just passing along shit I have been hearing on the radio in Detroit. Haven't been here long enough to know what the man-on-the-street thinks, but I am happy to hear that the radio idiots are a minority.

Cheers,

SD

As I am adopted, I was for years "an American of unknown orgin" Imagine how deprived I felt not having a specific hyphen to put in there...I found out a little of a tear ago, that my birth mother is a Mongal-Siberian, same as adopted mom is/was...I have no idea what that really means, but at least 1/2 the mystery is solved...So I am now officially An "at lwast 50% Mongle Siberian -American" Now I feel better. er maybe not... :dunno::dunno::banghead:

The answer is within you. DNA

"If u read U.S. history, you'll find that "American civilization" has it's roots basically in Europe. "

Would have never figured out that one... still religion seems far too influent over there... Besides while my sweet France got things so wrong when it came to labour laws or relations with performing anglo saxon economies, I very much apreciate it beeing the western european country with most atheists, and one of the only laic states around.

Archived