Open Bar across the street from Nana Hotel

scott808

From Chicago Dave's trip report,

Cut

"Across the street from the Plaza, in front of the Nana Hotel, is a [color:red]small beer bar[/color]. Open air, high tables, two TVs playing at either end of the bar. I decided to walk over there first, to have a cup of coffee and reconnoiter a little. Before long I was laughing and enjoying the company of four of the girls who worked there. We spent most of the afternoon hanging out. Yes, I bought them lady drinks but, in my defense, I had a great time, two of them were very pretty, we played games and passed almost four hours and my bill was about $30. Try that in the States, UK, or almost anywhere. I didnâ??t begrudge spending a baht!"

Paste

Full report below:

http://nb.nanaplaza.com/info/library/trips.php?Entry=discovery.php

Golden Beer Bar, I used to spend many an afternoon in there myself people watching and I have now found out that it has even inspired people to write a book.

What inspired you to write it?

At the time I was still spending most of my time in the UK and getting seriously fed up with my job and lifestyle, I was in Golden Beer Bar on Soi 4 back in 2000 celebrating my 30th birthday with a very very good friend of mine and I sort of looked out onto the street and soaked up what I can best describe as "the freak show" and thought "I've really got to write about this." Then a couple of years later my moons aligned in such a way that allowed the project to happen.

Taken from an interview with Sileakunt

If its the bar im thinking of (which is next to the nana plaza parking lot) they keep serving drinks when the bars closed but they turn the lights off and prewtend their closed but u still see farangs holding beerr bottles eyeing off the 'talent' hanging about in the carpark.

very friendly no hassle bar

Archived