hierarchy of farang asshole activity

preahko

Guess Thais would think of some people as "Tools" no matter what colour shirt they wear...

just as they consider some people ....jai dee...because of their actions and consideration for other people....

I'm talking real Thai people here, not the "Monkeys" from the Bar beer

Just my :twocents:

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only waii my wives grandpa, firstly because he has my respect and secondly it shows others(alko M&FiL) they don't have my respect. and I don't care what society you are in, Yellow is just wrong and should'nt be worn at all.

I will wear yellow string if it given to me by a edler local person, but as soon as I'm out of town it's off.

Reminds me of a bloke at work who suffers Thailanditis. He fucking waii's me here in Australia.

FA.......

Like many others here, I agree with you on the first two, but not on the yellow shirt. I see your point on the yellow shirt, but many of us who live here need to work and get along with Thai staff. Some of us (me, for example) are very critical of certain policies and practices here, and sometimes a bit more public in our criticism than we probably should be.

For practical reasons, particularly in the current environment (which is more nationalistic than normal, at least in my industry (banking)), I wear the yellow shirt.

I would, however, add something to you list: Farangs who not only automatically agree to and accept as entirely legitimate any Thai law, rule or practice (without giving the matter any thought) no matter how ludicrous, but argue vehemently in favor of that law, rule or practice simply because it is "Thai". Even worse, those who think this will somehow score them 'brownie points'.

Disagree (a little)

1. Bargirls...are the only Thai's I would ever consider wai-ing. This is a way to show respect...and I have a hell of a lot more respect for a poor uneducated girl doing what she can to support her family even though her culture and the system have basically screwed her more than any farang ever could. In my way of thinking, she is much more deserving of a wai than some Chinese-Thai cunt with a helmet hairdo who inherited all her money and uses it to take advantage of those less fortunate. (these are the folks who usually get wai-ed...the "important" people.

2. The spirit houses. Obviously I would never consider it myself...however we can't know that the farang doesn't actually believe that the litle doll house doesn't come with a ghost included who likes to eat oranges and red bull. (do the ghosts wait around the factory where the spirit houses are made???)

3. Don't love the king...wouldn't wear his shirt...however, I also can understand people who believe personal comfort is more important than dignity and honor and wear one to get out of a necktie. But that's just me.

Don't wear yellow, never have, never will...i understand some such as Gadflys position, which i think is wise...business is different...

I only wai my GFs parents and grandparents, as it is expected and they wouldn't be happy if i didn't.

I don't understand why some get so freaked out about this. Really, who cares?

I don't wai anybody or anything.

I'm not Thai, don't want to be a Thai.

I can respect and accept their customs but for sur, I will not be doing many of them.

I do wear a yellow shirt, as I have a few nice ones and I think the color usually matches that of my eyes! :drunk:

So if the situation was reversed and you were in your own country, meeting up with a thai person, I hope you wouldnt get offended if the thai refused your offer of a handshake?

I only wai family, never bargirls though.

Archived