hierarchy of farang asshole activity

preahko

for those of you who think you're "going native"...here are the absolute worst things you can do, in ascending order of severity:

1. wai-ing bar girls (or other service sector personnel)...this is just motherfucking WRONG!! don't do it!! if you're not comfortable with SEAsian concepts of hierachy/moral order, go work in another part of the world.

2. (this is the new one, that I just observed over the past few nights): for jesus christ in a bottle of piss motherfucking sake, if you're a farang, do not "wai" the cunt-sucking bitch motherfuck spirit shrine in Nana!! the Thais have an excuse...they have an IQ in the negative numbers, plus they were brainwashed by the dictatorship government all their lives...you have NO excuse. I've seen two bitches doing this shit over the past 3 nights. STOP it!!!

3. this is the worst offence of all. do NOT wear a yellow fucking k*ng shirt on mondays, or any other day. once again, the thais have an excuse...they were brainwashed into this shit from birth. YOU do not have any such excuse, and your wearing of said yellow shirt entitles you to a KICK to the motherfucking head (or better yet, balls), for trying to raise social retards to a level at which they might be emulated.

preahko

1. DAMN STRAIGHT! I only wai the one-legged beggar who drags himself up and down Sukhumvit.

2. No Wai! But I do wear a big-assed Bhudda pendant. Is that OK? Oh, and I unbutton my shirt down to the navel to show it off.

3. My only yellow attire is the micro thong I wear on Pattaya beach. Helps me shag beach road freelancers cheap cheap!

I am the man!!!!! But thanks for the helpful tips.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if the situation was reversed and you were in your own country, meeting up with a thai person, I hope you wouldnt get offended if the thai refused your offer of a handshake?

Shaking hands is equal, waiing establishes hierchy. So yes, it would be offensive not to shake hands and it would not be offensive to buy into the class systemn here in LOS.

I am still trying to figure out why Si Saket Girl's mother Wai'd me...? :dunno::dunno: As for waing in generel, I have seen Thais wia servers, hosteses etc...so I'll take my cultural tips from them. As for the shrine in Nana...a judgement call maybe, but if some girl invites you to go and pray, and wai the Bhudda with her, how many say no? Hell, it is just paying respect to the culture, do it if you want, don't do it if you don't want...no big deal to me either way...King shirts don't come in my size...some fat Chinese Thai kid got the last one once, or else I'd have one...just to piss off guys who are pissed off by it.

BTW, I'd rate getting drunk and pissing in public (or in your pants) higher on the asshole chain than Waing at the wrong time...like wise spray painting the king's picture, being a drunken billigerant asshole to Thais/others...grabbing any/all women by the ass because you are an idiot who thinks they are all whores...tons of stuff worse than the 3 mentioned...

Why all the stress about number 3?

I know lots of guys who work for the government or local banks and have to wear yellow shirts at some point. I had to wear one to the staff New Yearâ??s Eve party. My only problem was finding one in my size â?? damn they are small.

Would you be upset if someone wore a shirt with the Thai flag on it? Whatâ??s the big deal?

As for number 2; what if that person was actually a practicing Buddhist and performed a wai at every shrine? Or is your problem only with the location?

As for number 1; yeah, someone who does that does not understand what a wai is for â?? but they only make themselves look foolish. Yeah, I cringe when I see it, but it is not hurting me. I find it far more offensive the way some people dress around here. At least the people who wai think they are doing something correct.

Find something more constructive to get upset about - like the way drink prices keep going up.

Guest lazyphil

yes, wearing a 'muscle' vest on the sky train and shorts with flip flops holding a singha beer bottle on the skytrain is worse than the said 3......i've seen thais wai waitress staff 100's of times, i'll wai any thai in los, what is the big deal, might make me look like a jerk but i doubt offend anyone, i can live with that......QE2 is my queen, i dont fawn to others, no yellow shirt for me.

Archived