hierarchy of farang asshole activity

preahko

for those of you who think you're "going native"...here are the absolute worst things you can do, in ascending order of severity:

3. this is the worst offence of all. do NOT wear a yellow fucking k*ng shirt on mondays, or any other day. once again, the thais have an excuse...they were brainwashed into this shit from birth. YOU do not have any such excuse, and your wearing of said yellow shirt entitles you to a KICK to the motherfucking head (or better yet, balls), for trying to raise social retards to a level at which they might be emulated.

preahko

Gee, that's funny because I just had a Thai friend tell me it would be smart now and then to wear the color of the day. Why all the high blood pressure over #3?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got some yellow shirts cheap and wear them quite often now (I got 4 of them for a hundred baht each). It's just an extra added benefit that I'm upsetting uptight farangs (though I didn't even know I was until I read this post). The shirts look good on me, too--surprisingly (if I do say so myself).

Why look down on others? Wai-ing waiters may be the guys way of saying he doesn't like the class system (not likely, but possible). Thais aren't offended by it, they just think it's cute in my experience.

Relax, let people act as they wish if it ain't hurtin' nuttin'.

I find the negative IQ remark ignorant and offensive. Thai people are no more or less intelligent than anyone else.

I still remember a guy I met when I was first in Thailand. When I admiringly remarked on how well he spoke Thai, he said "Don't bother learning, they never say anything worth listening to anyway." His remark told me a lot more about him than about Thai people.

for those of you who think you're "going native"...here are the absolute worst things you can do, in ascending order of severity:

1. wai-ing bar girls (or other service sector personnel)...this is just motherfucking WRONG!! don't do it!! if you're not comfortable with SEAsian concepts of hierachy/moral order, go work in another part of the world.

2. (this is the new one, that I just observed over the past few nights): for jesus christ in a bottle of piss motherfucking sake, if you're a farang, do not "wai" the cunt-sucking bitch motherfuck spirit shrine in Nana!! the Thais have an excuse...they have an IQ in the negative numbers, plus they were brainwashed by the dictatorship government all their lives...you have NO excuse. I've seen two bitches doing this shit over the past 3 nights. STOP it!!!

3. this is the worst offence of all. do NOT wear a yellow fucking k*ng shirt on mondays, or any other day. once again, the thais have an excuse...they were brainwashed into this shit from birth. YOU do not have any such excuse, and your wearing of said yellow shirt entitles you to a KICK to the motherfucking head (or better yet, balls), for trying to raise social retards to a level at which they might be emulated.

preahko

It would appear some people consider themselves to be so "politically correct", that they are entitled to conduct a "little ass-kickin."

While I agree that giving a wai to a "service provider" is not culturally correct, as a previous poster mentioned, some may consider it good manners to return a wai when greeting old friends, regardless of ones social status.

I would never consider wai-ing the Nana shrine!!

Yes, I have worn the yellow "king" shirt my mother-inlaw presented me, so Preahho, if you want to kick me in the "motherfucking head"...bring it on!!!

:mooning:

Just don't wai. Period! Unless you know EXACTLY what your doing. That excludes most farangs! Even if you know enough to only wai people of an acceptably higher social standing, chances are you'll do it wrong which is only makes you look like more of an idiot!

Another one which is also bad with a capital B but not likely to happen by accident is stepping on a picture of the king. Even if it is currency. I remember the story of the guy bitching about the 500baht departure tax so he started stomping on a 500baht not. Earned him some serious jail time!

When i see farnags wearing yellow king shirts i want to beat them. being born into royalty hardly makes u special. its just another form of elitism that we all aspire to and we've got enough of that shit in the world already.

and if u think thais like u cause u wear a yellow king shirt i suspect they think ure a tool

Archived