NO MORE LEGROOM PROBLEMS

bust

hmmm, ok, wont work for me, i can't fit on any seat in cattle class...my legs are too long...any inclining and i'm buggered. I'm unable to sit straight as it is. Nice concept however.

loads of discussion on this topic on flyertalk.

Most airlines have banned these, and if you try to use them, you might find yourself kicked off the flight or arrested (interfering with aircraft operations).

The fact is the airline seats are SUPPOSED to recline, and everyone on board has to deal with this. If you don;t like it, buy F or C class.

So if I get it right, the paying customer in front should sit straight up and be uncomfortable so the customer behind will be comfortable...sort of selfish I think. Grin and bear it, or pay the extra cash, for a better seat, or stay home.

I was on a flight once, and the guy behind me actually asked me to put my seat up, so he could have more room..."you mean I should make myself uncomfortable for your sake? Hell no!" I replied, and put it back as far as it would go. Fuck these people! I also had a exit row Aisle seat once, when a guy asked/almost demanded I switch with him, so he could have more room...Hell no, I requested this seat, and I am not going to change. It actually tried sitting in my chair when I got up. Flight crew got involved in that one. He kept whining as though I OWED it to him as he was so tall...Fuck him.

I'm in agreement with most of the responses here. If you feel you don't have enough legroom, buy a first class seat or buy 2 in coach (2nd being the one if front of you.) Weight challenged passengers are required to buy 2 seats if the airline feels that it would be necessary.

No need to intrude on someone else's comfort for your own.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a very odd deal. Being 6'3" when some one reclines the seat fully I am in a world of hurt. My only option is to extend my legs. This can get pretty uncomfortable, but it is just part of the way things are. Thus I always try to get an asile seat so I can at least get up and walk around. But I have to say if someone prevented my from reclining my seat it would become a pretty ugly scene pretty fast. Whenever possible I try to get an exit seat, or fly economy deluxe. I was on a flight recently on americlan and they had something called premium ecomomy. It seems you get a couple more inches and makes a huge difference for me. They charge something like $30 more for it at the check in, and I gladly pay it. One trip was very funny the plane was about 1/3 full and most of the passengers where in the "standard" seats towards the rear of the plane. Before we took off some people where trying to move to the rows with the premium seats, and the crew told them that these where reserved for those that payed the extra fee. Well it was very funny myself and about 3 other people have the front 1/3 of the plane to ourselves. There where many rows empty but the crew still made the others sit side by side the whole way. I felt kind of bad, especialy since the gate person didnt charge me for the better seat. I simply asked for it and expected to pay the $30 but they never asked for my CC so I go a freebie. Then there was the time on Cathey. A drunk guy kept walking up to business, and sitting down. This was before the plane even left the gate. The crew told him to get back to coach. He did this about 3 times. The plane rolled back and he tried it again. The plane stopped, was rolled back to the gate and on came the police and took him off the plane. His buddys back in coach laughed their ass's off.

Guest lazyphil

i tend never to recline my seat because i know how uncomfortable it can be for he/she behind me, part of being english i suppose :grin: ...if some arsehole reclines 100% i just use my knees to jab him/her for 11plus hours.... :cool:

Archived