US Campaign begins? 18 dead in Iran bus bombing

Fidel

Nah, it's GOTTA be the Yanks. It always is. They're even responsible for the Black Death!

:shocked:

:yeahthat:

They traveled back in time with a virus they developed in a lab in the Nevadan desert.

But seriously Flasher, going on past form (the US waged a campaign of terror to remove an Iranian regime in the 50s), there's a good chance it was the US.

Things are getting tuff for BushCo -- even the lapdog is not playing along. Referring to General Pace. Since Pace has up to today served as toady to the administration, it is interesting to see him start to put the brakes on. He must be really scared at what they might do.

A top U.S. general said Tuesday there was no evidence the Iranian government was supplying Iraqi insurgents with highly lethal roadside bombs, apparently contradicting claims by other U.S. military and administration officials.

Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said U.S. forces hunting down militant networks that produced roadside bombs had arrested Iranians and that some of the material used in the devices were made in Iran.

"That does not translate that the Iranian government per se, for sure, is directly involved in doing this," Pace told reporters in the Indonesian capital, Jakarta. "What it does say is that things made in Iran are being used in Iraq to kill coalition soldiers."

Now, this didn't just happen. Something's afoot and it sounds like the generals are doing everything they possibly can to avoid Bush starting an utterly catastrophic war with Iran.

To say the least, the Bush presidency has provided an occasion for strange bedfellows. An American right wing lunatic, Dinesh D'Sousa, all but comes out and says that ObL had the right idea to attack the corrupt, materialistic, America. And the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs may be marching with the rest of us in the folks living in reality at the next protest rally.

On second thought, these bedfellows aren't so strange after all. The kind of fanatical Islamism that bin Laden's all about is at its heart a totalitarian doctrine, so it stands to reason it would appeal to America's anti-progressive fascists. And it also stands to reason that a truly professional military commander knows better than to go marching off to war for no fucking reason at all.

Now, I have not been a Pace fan, but there *is* a tradition in the USMC where the head of the Corps tells the truth at the expense of his career (read about Smedley Darlington Butler for example to see what I mean). Maybe he has finally figured this out. Pace has nothing else to prove. He is the first Marine to head the JCS. He really cannot be defrocked and it would be lovely if once again it is the highest ranking officer in the USMC demonstrating true honor and fealty to the Constitution. But is it too little, too late?

Regards,

SD

Just a generel note, but a few of the nasty people from the old Central America days are showing up in this one as well...I am really hoping, in fact praying, that this asshole is stopped...bonus would be war crimes trials...but now I am dreaming...we need to hold him off for a little less than 2 years...then hopefully sanity will prevail... Student strike called for today in the UC system...UC Berkeley having a big rally...can always count on them!

Fuck 'em. I am quite left wing, but I the straw that broke the camel's back in regards to fundy Muslims is the latest in China & Taiwan regarding CNY greeting cards. The mainlanders have capitulated to the Muslims who are immature enough to be offended by a cartoon pig and banned all pig pix from TV; while the Taiwanese have basically told them to "fuck off, it is part of *our* culture!" I love the Taiwanese.

Jews do not seem to have any issue with it, nor do normal Muslims with whom I associate in LoS, Indo, Malaysia, etc. The fundys just need to be bitch-slapped. I'm glad at least Taiwan has the balls to do it. Hey fundys (including the righties in Amerika)...you want respect, then it is a bloody two way street. Respect my culture too. It is called tolerance. Go find some. My ingrained leftie tolerance will only take so much shit...

Regards,

SD

Archived