About time she had this done!

Guest baldrick

Maggie believed that monetarism and Milton Friedman had the solution of everything (now we know it's 42 :cool: ), so did Reagan and Pinochet...

Falklands was very close to a complete failure, the victory was won by SAS alone, rest of the marine and army played no role at all. That was the last war UK ever will fight alone, and marks the terminal point of the fall of the british empire.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<.

Precisly.

fidel, although the irish went to america under starvation they showed little empathy for the american indians and with no compassion stole land from them.....ironic GA's went scrounging for blood money for years in occupied territory by irish people. Blatent double standards and hypocracy.

"...That was the last war UK ever will fight alone, and marks the terminal point of the fall of the british empire..."

Point of clarification, Britain had help, all be it a small amount...from well, the same lousy bastards who always meddle, (the same guys who allowed their citizens to fund the IRA, and the same bastards who taught Thais/Asians that money is important)...this time we showed up early... :)

As for the Ship which was sunk, and many tactical air strikes carried out by the British Navy...Sorry to say, I must disagree with the statement that SAS alone won it...they are good, damned good...but not THAT good... :) oh, and the British "Empire" was long gone before the Fauklands. However, It may come back.

Phil. This argument that you bring up so often, about Irish people robbing the Indians, seems to me to be a very weak attempt at nullifying the wrongs carried out by the British (including the man in your avatar) against the Irish.

What evidence do you have that the Irish systematically, as a powerful occupying force, displaced the Indians from their lands?

I would have thought that the British colonialist/imperialists had a far greater role in this than a bunch of half-starved, poverty-sticken Irish peasants who were lucky enough to survive the crossing of the Atlantic in coffin ships.

Am I wrong?

Question: If the majority of people in the 6 counties (say 51%) want a United Ireland at some point in the future, will you be as quick to offer your moral support?

>Wrong, the americans gave logistic support throughout the war.

Very, very little as I recall Phil. The American position was pretty much one of "neutrality" during the conflict, and indeed there was a lot of bitterness at the American position - indeed it made nonesense of the so called "special relationship"....

-j-

Archived