Electricity bill

Julian2

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its something you wont gain much insight into JS unless everyone states what size the place is they stay. If you stay in a studio or a 3bedroom condo with a family then its going to be a big difference.

I was in a studio and I think with aircon it was about 1200baht per month.

True mate, it was just a passing thought but I was curious to see if it varied much in places like BKK.

I'm lucky I live in a place where I can get by with out aircon, (messes with my sinuses anyway) but imagine not having it in a place like BKK! :shocked:

Last month was 800 Baht, Month before was 900 Baht.

I dont think the size of the place makes much differance if you don;t use air con, our place is a 4 bedroom 160 Square Meter Condo.

I am only home at weekends and during the week the Mrs is out at work daytime.

It depends also who you pay to, it's often cheaper to pay directly to the electricity company than to the owner of the house. Owners of buildings pay around half of what normal consumers pay, but still the unit price is much higher than if you pay directly = good profit for house owners. (I own some apartment buildings..)

In our small massage shop, we got tired of the monthly battle with the landlord and his ripping us off every month for the electricity.

We put in our own meter and now show him exactly how much electricity we us.

Every month he would come up with this huge number as to the electricity that we were "using"...NFW!!!

Now he is quiet but our lease will be finished this month so I want to say "good bye" and move on to better things!

Archived