Songkran

Damen

I've never been in PTY during Songkran. Will it really go on all week and if so, does it continue well into the night? :dunno:

I don't mind getting doused during the day or late afternoon but I'd be plenty pissed if it happens at 20+ hrs when I'm going out to dinner dressed in a shirt and slacks. :cussing: :onfire:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From april 13 (or maybe evening the 12th) until late evening the 20th it will go on maybe not 24 hours but almost except some morning hours between 5 and 8. The worst are the football hooligans from England - read Manchester - Warrington - Liverpool. Many expats living in Pattaya go to Angeles that week. I will arrive this year on the morning the 21st - same as last year. :grin:

Right on elef. Last year one hooligan falang threw a pail of water on me as we road in the back of a truck in Chiang Mia last year. This was 3 days before Songkran. Told him not to throw it but he did any ways. I almost jumped out of the back of the truck to trounce on his ass. Man, I was pissed. Hadn't gotten that pissed in a long time.

Damen, if you're not prepared to get wet, then simply don't go...or dress accordingly, as you will get wet...if it's not a Thai amusing themselves, then it'll be some smartass farang....just don't go smartly dressed, easy as....

The real spirit of songkran has been totally lost in Pats, and also the farang areas of Bangkok.

Last year I got doused and water-gunned in the eye by some wanker-larger louts who had decided it was a great idea to put chillis in the water. Pricks.

7 days of hell were the average Pattaya tourist can show off his true potential by acting like and idiot! It is funny for 2 hours but sadly lasts for an entire week. It is supposed to be less "wet" when the sun goes down but some farangs are so full of alcohol or shit that they simply don't care. Last year some brit blokes where throwing water from the pier in front of walking street. Turned out they were good runners!

Any predictions on the road toll this year? I will say 680 -700.

Sydney this year for me. Sadly I'd planned on attacking DC in Chinatown with a fire hose but apparently he has a better offer elsewhere.

Archived