Cigars In Bars

MooNoi

I'm reminded of an old Steve Martin comedy routine from the 70s; he was talking about cigarettes but it applies doubly to cigars:

'Don't you hate it when people insist on smoking in a restaurant? From now on, when a dining companion says 'do you mind if I smoke?' I'm going to say, 'not at all, do you mind if I FART? after a good meal I really like to LIGHT ONE UP...'

preahko

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I have a cigar when im drinking then I wipe myself out. i get absolutely plastered off my face because i dont smoke anything usually.

Opposite for me. If I smoke a cigar, then the nicotine counteracts the booze and I get sober again. An that's BIG trouble, especially at 0200!

But I love my cigars. I am also gentleman enough to (as a rule) smoke them outside on the terrace.

Cheers,

SD

Ban the fuckers.

Now.

Was in SC and NEP tonight...

In Shark Bar in SC' date=' there was a big fat prick next to me chuffing on a cigar. Sitting next to the stage.

Cigarettes I can handle. But cigars??? Fuck off!

They stink. They annoy everyone.

All the girls on stage were waving their hands under their noses and giving dirty looks to the geezer smoking it.

I reckon maybe 5% of people who smoke cigars actually appreciate them as a smoking pleasure.

The other 95% do it coz they're insecure wankers who think they look cool smoking a cigar and it makes them "the big man".

It just looks so... Yank try hard. (99% of Americans I know are very cool.. the other 1% are Yanks).

Then the same thing happened in Rainbow 1 in NEP. Another fat prick smoking a cigar trying to look like "the man". He didn't even have any idea how to smoke the thing - he was drawing back like he was smoking a cigarette.

There was a haze up that end of the bar and it stank to high heaven.

Cigars are shit.[/quote']

If you don't like smelling a cigar in a bar...go somewhere else, bars are where people go to drink, ogle girls and smoke!

If it really bothers your sensitve senses then ask the "offender" to move or not smoke; however be prepared for a rude awakening when he tells to go wank yourself! :(

As for the girls working there...it goes with the JOB!

You probably fall into that 1% from wherever you hail! :smirk:

I'll be the one percent who shoves it up the smokers rectum, rather than walk out in a huff.

I'll be the one percent who shoves it up the smokers rectum, rather than walk out in a huff.

Mate, you'd be hurt'n if you tried that wid me. I'm a gentleman, but I'm also 1.93M and 112KG and not (too much) fat LOL! As the TGs say "My big, big honey!"

But as I said, I try to minimize the impact on others because I am a nice guy (but we all have our lapses); except in the No Name Bar or Goldfingers, which are cigar "friendly."

Of course, I do not smoke cheap cigars either. So the after-aroma is much nicer than some. But still objectionable to some of the fairer folk I understand...so I do my best.

Cheers,

SD

>Normal people don't stink, there a many ways to prevent that like taking a shower twice a day, using a 24h deo roll on, fancy body lotion and cologne, nice smelling conditioner when you wash your shirts, yummy!

Hmm. You might like to have a look at this bit:

>The symptom of body odour is an unpleasant smell that may be worse in hot and sweaty conditions. The actual smell varies from person to person as the 'recipe' of sweat is individual.

The smell almost always disappears with a shower or bath but can rapidly return, especially if a person puts on unwashed clothes that are covered in old sweat and bacteria.

snipped from here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/conditions/bodyodour2.shtml

In fact you might like to have a look at the whole article.

One more snip for you:

>Bad Body Odour is definitely anti-social. Sometimes the stink can be so nauseating, yet the person suffering from a case of Bad B.O. is often the last to know.

http://www.eltean.com/odour.htm

my underlining. Think I'll stick to ciggies and fresh clothes.

-j-

Archived