My last economics post

HeartThais

You mean there never used to be fundamentalist Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs etc??? Come on. Especially look at the partition of India. Muslims, Sikhs and Hindus were raping and killing each other by the hundreds of thousands. They spoke the same language and had been neighbours for generations, but suddenly a different religion meant you were evil and deserved to die.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<< Alabama and Missisppi and most towns in the south in pre civil rights all had a 'white christian council' group that was the religious ayatollah for that town and what they said goes. >>

These "councils" were to be feared -- by white folks too. Cross them at your own risk. (My dad's family is from the South and I've spent plenty of time there.) Most folks also don't realise that the KKK was actually stronger in the MidWest than in the South pre-WWII. The KKK managed to elect a governor of Indiana. The KKK staged a huge march on Washington once upon a time as a show of national power.

Jimmy Carter was right when he said the integration freed white Southerners just as much as black Southerners. One of my friends has told me about encountering a KKK "fund raising" -- more of a road block really -- in rural Tennessee. The Klansmen asked for "donations" and no one was foolish enough not to "contribute". Groups calling themselves the KKK are still around, but nobody pays them any attention these days.

There were, but more like isolated small islands. Now with a new-born christian in the White House he has accomplished to make a big number of muslims fumdamentalistic. Probably you can't imagine how anti-american normal muslims are now. After 9/11 there were public festivities in many big cities in Europe. Media didn't dare reporting those however.

Archived