My last economics post

HeartThais

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some would say that Australians got targeted in Bali because they represented Western cultural intrusion. The group of religious nuts theory suits me better.

But I'm still wondering about anti-Americanism Hugh. I agree the people complaining about America would be very unhappy under Chinese or Muslim rulers. But why isn't America seen as the protector of freedom anymore? What happened to the trust?

I don't trust the government as well. Global bully is a good descriiption I think for non americans (and even some americans). But global bully is a far cry from worlds biggest terrorist nation as some have said on this forum. (not this thread) So my response was based on a series of posts in other threads.

I think America has good intentions usually when we meddle around the globe but we are either naive, shortsighted, arrogant or all three. We think that because we are the leading economic and military power we think that we are best qualified to solve the world's ills. Its arrogant and naive but well intentioned and sometimes ends in dire results for all parties involved. Sometimes we do have subversive intentions and those times are usually hidden from the people (assassinating south american heads of states in the '70s; secret bombings in the vietnam war in Cambodia; possibly lying about WMDs) in those cases the people wrong the government rights via changing of the administration, laws, etc.

Its what nations like in our status do. The British before us. The Soviets did it as well. Some times these nations do it well intentioned sometimes not.

Archived