Web browsers

Roger_Baby

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Firefox, but it doesn't work so well on another board I visit, so IE is easier for me to switch around right now. Often I just use both.

Whichever browser I use, it always seems I'm the most recent member to log on here, according to the top left of the page. I guess it's just the way I navigate the board. This window might have been open all day, but then I'll hit 'most recent posts' and there I am, the newest visitor. :D

I think KS stats will be more representative than your poll.

I guess you have seen various stats about browser usage on the net.

Not long ago I read the stats from a german news magazine. They even gave stats for different times of the day. Funny thing was that the IE stats went down in the evening. Indicating that quite a few people prefer non-IE browsers but were forced/required to use IE at work.

From the stats:

IE: 59.23%

Firefox: 30.00%

Safari: 5.74%

Opera: 3.81%

Netscape: 0.94%

Mozilla: 0.21%

Camino: 0.02%

Business Week recently has noted that Firefox has grown considerably. Do your stats reflect all visitors or those that registered?

OK I did vote for Firefox, but I also use others.

Firefox 2.0.0.3

Use it on my Laptop and Desktop for Social Internet use, though I will admit I was an Opera user until FF Version 2 was launched

IE

Works computer and on my Laptop when working remote from the office, I connect to the server using CITRIX and a lot of the applications wont work with FF or Opera.

Opera Mobile

Preferred browser for my PDA running WM5, Minimo (Mozilla Mobile) is just too memory intensive and therefore too slow.

Archived