Web browsers

Roger_Baby

I use Firefox and will until it gets too popular (and attracts the full attention of hackers), but I've noticed on a couple of machines that bookmarks disappear with Firefox updates/upgrades. Last I checked, Firefox can only suggest regularly saving (I guess exporting) your bookmarks.

Anybody noticed this?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Speed Dial is based on the idea that people generally have five to 10 sites they browse regularly throughout the day," said Johan Borg, team manager for Opera's desktop browser. "Speed Dial is made for almost instant access to those sites. We want developers and the curious-minded to discover Speed Dial. When they do, we hope they'll help us with another rigorous round of testing before the final release."

With each blank tab, Speed Dial presents a thumbnail preview of the top nine sites as selected by the user. In addition to fast access through the Speed Dial, users can also enter the number corresponding with each bookmarked Speed Dial page in Opera's address field to access the page.

Here is more:

Speed Dial

Speed Dial gives you quick access to your favorite Web sites. Every time a new tab is opened, you are presented with a 3x3 grid of thumbnails, each representing a Web address. To open a page, click on the corresponding thumbnail, or use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + [1-9].

To save a Web address as a speed dial entry, open a new tab and click on one of the nine squares. A dialogue box presents a multitude of options, including frequently visited pages and open pages: you may select a Web page from the list or type in a new address. It is also possible to drag and drop from bookmarks, panels, or any other location where Web addresses are displayed.

To delete a speed dial entry, click on the cross on the upper right corner of the thumbnail. To rearrange, drag and drop the thumbnails from one space to another. If you drop a thumbnail from one space onto an already occupied space, the entries will be exchanged. If you drop an address from outside speed dial onto an already occupied space, the old entry will be overwritten.

Firefox has the toolbar, I have my top 6 sites in my toolbar, it takes me one click to get there!

I said it before. People using IE have too much time, it is the slowest browser under windows. Seems people don't like changes that's why they stick with it! Speed and compatibility is most important to me! That is why I won't use opera anymore, too many messed up design, a very odd interpretation of html, especially when it comes to table margins. Opera however was the pioneer of tabbed browsing which is the only smart way to browse the web, kudos for that but I won't ever use it again!

Firefox is ideal, it has great small ad ons like downthemall that helps you downloading all images from a web page by one click, fasterfox is enhancing speed and I like the tools where you can download videos from youtube!

Sites that require IE are sites i don't need! How can a site be useful and good when it relies completely on one browser? I have no problems whatsoever with firefox!

Archived