What fast food places would make it in BKK ?

OCgringo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do have a Taco Bell in Singapore.

A tiny one.

It's a "shared" outlet with Taco Bell, Pizza Slut and KFC all sharing the one counter in the one shop.

At the entrance to Funan I.T. mall.

Trouble is, they only have about 3 menu items from each restaurant available, so not a really good indicator of what the "real" restaurant's really like.

As for the Mexican fast food places, what about Moe's Southwestern Grill? Del Taco has been mentioned, as has Taco Bell, but Moe's is a step above those. Simlar to the Mexican chain now owned by McDonald's (I forget the name). There's also a chain called Baja Fresh that is or was owned by Wendy's (a hamurger chain in the USA).

Rex

..... there is no real Mexican restaurants in Thailand.

I like Mexican food, but when it is served up in Thailand, it taste like shit.

Here in the States this morning, one man was telling me , over breakfast, that he went to an Irish gathering yesterday. He could not understand why at an Irish gathering they served Italian food. Figure it out.

There is a Mexican Restaurant in my hometown; all staff including the cooks comes from Pakistan! :dunno:

I'm not a huge fan of Mexican food, but in Siem Reap in Cambodia, of all places, I found a place that does really tasty Mexican food... What's its name?.... Um... Er.... VIVA?

Something like that.

It's in Pub Street, and run by a Latino.

Recommended.

I think Mexican fast food would work in Thailand. Just go to Senor Pico's in the Rembrandt sometime and see the Thai families having a meal while the dad has a bottle of Jose Cuervo on the table! You don't see that in the States (no matter what the brand of tequila). If the hi-sos like it, why not the common people?

The best Mexican food in my neighborhood is fast food, almost. They have an extensive menu, but you can call in most of the items to go and your order will be ready in 5 minutes. It's gourmet too, if there is such a thing - the owner/chef runs a tight ship.

There's also a successful chain of restaurants here called La Salsa. The concept is cafeteria style, buy your soft tacos or burritos and doctor them up yourself at the salsa bar. I remember when they first started. A kid I knew from Beverly Hills had a family cook who made good tacos. They opened the first restaurant in Westwood Village (UCLA) and put him in the kitchen!

• 2 weeks later...

No question there are better Mexican places...but I bet Moe's or Baja Fresh or the others would cost twice what Taco Bell does. Taco Bell could sell a taco for 20 baht, and a 3 taco/drink combo for 100 baht same as McDonalds...other Mexican fast food except Del Taco (which I don't like as much as Taco Bell anyway) would cost over 200 baht...making it too expensive for the average Thai and not much different from going to a fancy sit down place.

My favorite place for Mexican food in Thailand...teh Blue Parrot in Pattayaland.

Archived