What fast food places would make it in BKK ?

OCgringo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chequers?

As always, da man :)

Yeah, Chequers.

I would probably still go and eat their if it was in the UK for daytime or early evening meals......doesn't mean it is "great", just that it is good enough for me..........but for me (as a non Thai food eater) it is a place that helps keep me going food wise in BKK........and whilst not Thai food cheap it is (IMO) good value for edible western food. Plus it has draft Beer :thumbup: (not lager :thumbdown: ).

.....one thing that really gets on my tits in Thailand is when ordering western food and getting "something" turn up that bears only a passing resembalence in taste (or looks) to what you expected / hoped / prayed for......although I can usually see what they were trying to do......and price of food has never been a reliable indicator.

and yeah I know, I am in Thailand why should I expect them to be able to cook western food??........it's cos' they put it on the f#cking menu :mad::mad:

I think one reason the USA has so many fast food places is just the number of people ,

plus so many working mothers that a real 6pm family meal is not going to happen very often ,

Just look at the frozen food section of a good size USA grocery store , 5 times larger than a German store frozen food section,

As far as Taco Bell, well I actually went to Del Taco last might because there was a line at Subway sandwich and I did not want to wait 10 minutes (damn americans), Its decent food , my local Mexican resturant is of course much better,

As far as I know there are no Mexician fast food places in Europe etc , a few sit down resturants is all I know of.....

OC

..... there is no real Mexican restaurants in Thailand.

I like Mexican food, but when it is served up in Thailand, it taste like shit.

Here in the States this morning, one man was telling me , over breakfast, that he went to an Irish gathering yesterday. He could not understand why at an Irish gathering they served Italian food. Figure it out.

Archived