What fast food places would make it in BKK ?

OCgringo

It's disappointing that Mickey D's doesn't do breakfasts here in LOS. Even in BKK only where most of the expats are would be something!

I miss my McMuffins!! (Breakfast menu is pretty much the only McDonalds I eat these days).

They do breakfast at McD's in Malaysia though.

What's Cracker Barrel? I thought it was a brand of cheese? It is in Australia, anyway!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's Cracker Barrel? I thought it was a brand of cheese? It is in Australia, anyway!

It's a family-style country restaurant chain, usually located near highway exits. It's very popular with retired people and busloads of church groups on tour because of the "down home" cooking, informal setting and gift shop. My parents loved it.

What I think is interesting is that the two largest McDonald's in the world were located in Moscow and Beijing. Back in the late 1980's, you had to wait 20 minutes in line to see Lenin's body but four hours to get a seat at the Moscow Mickey D's. In the 90's, the world's biggest McD was in Beijing, on Wan Fujing, just a few hundred meters from Tianmen. (it wsas torn down in the mid-90's to make way for a huge shopping, office and apartment complex). You could look up at the portrait of Mao smiling down on the city, then turn 180 degrees and see the golden arches of yet another Mcdonald's. There are hundreds and hundreds of McD's in China, but KFC is even more popular. Pizza Hut is also hugely popular in China.

Evel

:devil:

I longed for Taco Bell in Bangkok so much!!!

It seems like the best choice. There are no other Mexican fast food outlets, so it would corner the market. The food can be made fairly spicy to appeal to Thai's. The unit cost of a taco can be sold for less than 30 baht...in line with Thai food prices.

If I were going to open a new franchise for Bangkok not presently there (although I think I heard there used to be one) it would definately be Taco Bell...followed by a Homestyle buffet place where you don't have to dress up to feel comfortable.

Archived