Times are changing?

HeartThais

CT, as you said earlier it should be the punters setting the price not the girls. Like most things the price of a shag in Thailand has gone up over the years but i certainly don't support the numpties who pay silly money. But its the change in attitude that i see as being far worse. As i mentioned in another thread it now seems too be the tail wagging the dog and not the other way round and its the fault of daft punters who let them get away with it. Too many punters let their little Isaan princess get away with shit and still cough up silly money in the morning.

Simie.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beer Bars are still a great way to find girls for an appropriate rate

In Bangkok you don't even have that option anymore because the girls are as mecenary in beer bars too :shocked: . The Op was talking about a girl in Morning Night! It's just an ordinary beer bar full of typical beer bar girls, I didn't see any stunners there when I visited that bar last time. In Pattaya I have never had to pay more than 1000 baht long time if I have had a girl from a similar venue :confused:

Trooper, as you say the tarts in Morning/Night are nothing special just run of the mill beer bar tarts. Its just their expectations that are stunning not their looks?!! But of course again its the fault of all the mugs that meet their demands.

Simie.

It is certainly a different story for a 'tourist' than an 'expat'.

The tourist economy targets tourists with all kinds of outlandish prices the world over. This is not exclusive to Thailand. Every country represented on this board does the same thing, granted some economies are better suited to change pricing at a given notice, but 'tourists' are suckers the world over by definition.

What I find interesting is the general discussion. KS didn't change the name from nanaplaza to thai360 because the ho's are pricing themselves out, he changed it so that it would appeal to a broader audience and could attract more ad revenue without the reputation of the domain name nanaplaza.com.

What is interesting is this theme of 'victimization' from posters who don't realize that 99% of the worlds literate population would read this thread and think that anyone participating is a complete degenerate.

I am admittedly a complete degenerate, in many areas of my life, most having nothing to do with p4p. By the way that kangaroo is hot!

I mean how can you blame someone for trying to get more when you yourself are coming to Thailand to 'get more'. Be it food, relaxation, poon tang, whatever.

There is no way to set a price on p4p due to the many variables that may be going on in the negotiations. One punter may be capable of getting a girl for 1000 LT, the very same girl my charge another punter double. Time of day, time of month, what the punter looks like, what the punter behaves like, what hotel he is at, how much gold he is wearing, what type of mobile phone he has, there are so many things that might make a girl think 'I can get more', is she really wrong to try to hustle a bit?

I mean we are talking about a prostitute, right?

Now if she is wrong to try to 'get more' how wrong are we for coming to a place where we know we can 'get more'.

Granted 2000 LT + 'the dreaded mens' should not equal 'can I have more' but there are a good deal of factors to consider that may have driven her to do so. Quite simply she is a shitty business person who will suffer the consequence of not getting repeat customers.

A clear case of willing buyer, wiling seller, and a twist of the bangkok hustle, but can you really gripe about the state of pricing with so many options out there? If you really feel a gripe then head out to a popular disco/club and put in the work required to pull a freebie. If you are incapable then make better selections and pay the piper. I feel it really comes down to lazyness on a lot of us. Why take the time to get a haircut, maintain a proper fitness level, dress nice, take care of one's clothes, find a nice club, be outgoing and meet people, when you can roll on over to nana, pay XXXX baht and take her right home.

Also this notion of sos and so paid this and he is ruining the market just doesn't ring true to me. Perhaps it effects you, but it doesn't even come close to intruding on my sanuk.

OP - a great thread....the best part about it is you didn't throw a fit when mother nature showed up all over the sheets.

Very Jai Dee, and then a trip to 7-11 to boot....very Jai Dee indeed.

buddha,

I don't think I've ever responded to one of your posts before....maybe I didn't argee with a lot of what I've previously read!!!

But here....I am in total agreement with what you write...

Maybe I'm out of touch...because I haven't done any mainstream "mongering" for a year or so....

But I find this post refreshingly accurate.....

Personally, I don't give a flying "Donald Duck"...what someone else pays...or is charged...

To coin a well used "Thai phrase'....Not my business!!!!!

and as a side note....I honestly believe a lot of the....I only pay 1500Bt...brigade....have one hand on the keyboard....and the other on their "willy"...JMHO

Cheers DS/DC.... :beer:

In Bangkok, tourists get cheaper prices. If you were to line up the venues from most tourist to most expat, the price just goes up and up and up for drinks, barfines, or a game of pool:

kao san road (<100 baht drinks)

patpong (100 baht drinks)

nana (130 baht drinks)

cowboy (140 baht drinks)

soi 33 (how much is CC, 200+?)

member clubs (don't ask the price)

And I don't buy into "i go only during happy hour, avoid the more expensive bars, meet the girls at 3am to avoid barfine, blah blah blah" as anything other than other than denial of this bizarre state of affairs.

Neo, you obviously don't go to the same bars that i do in soi 33?! Many bars in soi 33 don't charge any more for a beer than you would pay in NEP or Cowboy. I don't think either that you can simply divide it up between tourists and expats. Many expats are on a nice fat package but many others are on local money or may be retired living on a pension or from investment income. And different tourists resources vary tremendously. As far as the shagging goes many expats don't pay through the nose and have a few numbers in their phone or simply pop down to Pattaya the odd weekend.

Simie.

DS, i think implying that anyone who pays what they think is a sensible amount of money for a shag in a 3rd world Asian country is some sort of 'internet wanker' is about as valid as me implying that those who pay through the nose because 'they want too' or 'because they can' are compensating for a small dick? JMHO!

Simie.

and as a side note....I honestly believe a lot of the....I only pay 1500Bt...brigade....have one hand on the keyboard....and the other on their "willy"...JMHO

Um... I only pay 1500 Baht. (Unless someone really rocks my world exceptionally and then I'd give her 2000)... does this make me a wanker?

Only had 2 problems with payment in the morning in the last 5 years - one of them earlier this week as poster earlier. And those same girls have had no problem going with me more than once.

Moo Noi (Typing with both hands)

Archived