Times are changing?

HeartThais

Barely nobody would do it the way I do, there is always an aftermath you know? You talk o the girls again and a couple of them have mentioned that they though it was nice that I gave them the money "secretly" and told them it was for the taxi! Of course I know that she is trying to wrap me around the finger but the fact that they have noticed this gesture and not one of the other polite things I do showed me that I did something she liked and others don't do!

Like I have said, the girls don't check the money, not even those I don't know! It has less to do with me being Jai Dee because I am considered an "Airport" but they know I am not keenau and I am correct! Since I had only 2 times a problem I won't change a thing, I never in my life gave a hooker the money in the hand, not in Thailand and not somewhere else! It is just a small gesture which I personally would appreciate if I was a hooker, that's why I am doing it!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 'taxi money' method is good for those awkward times when you're not sure whether payment is expected, or would be an insult -- taxi money (very expensive taxi...) is far better than asking "do you want money?" or worse, making her ask you. Also can be useful to clarify the relationship -- I remember two girls that got taxi money from me (separate occasions) and looked very disappointed when they did. They had been hoping for the girlfriend job, but girlfriends don't get 1,500 for a 65 baht taxi ride...

Times and the scene changing - I don't worry about it much. Maybe prices go up, maybe attitudes deteriorate a bit, but there's that special something I like about Thailand that still tends to shine through for me, just got to cultivate it a bit.

YimSiam

Som Nam Na if they are disappointed to not get the girlfriend job. This I enjoy actually! The girlfriend crap IS annoying, it is the biggest bullshit they pull and if a random hooker is trying to pull that crap with me, she is insulting me!

"Christian Troy, me love you mak mak" me:"you are stupid!!!"

Let them be disappointed, it is not that they are totally and madly in love with you! It is a deal breaker! I am always rude and disrespectful in these moments, because it is the best way to keep that crap away from you!

In 3 years there has been 4 girls who really meant it who started crying when we were cuddling and all that other girls stuff, 3 of them became my girlfriend for a short time and the 4th one was a couple of weeks ago and I told her to "stop that shit! I am not interested" Sweet talking and being understanding doesn't help her and doesn't help you.

.. I never in my life gave a hooker the money in the hand..

You're not as hardcore as I thought you were! :D

On the flip side, by pussy-footing around you're saying that they're doing something that they should be ashamed of.

Some straight-thinking girls are pros and do see it as a business deal with nothing to be ashamed of on either side.

I just hope, one day, that you meet a real hard-nosed girl who pulls you up on this and rips the piss. I'm imagining the scene:

** HARD-NOSED PRO LOOKS IN PURSE. SEES MONEY. TURNS AROUND TO CT AND SAYS WITH SARCASTIC LITTLE GIRL VOICE... **

"Oh CTTTTTTT! You're so sweeeeet! Look what you did there, putting money in my bag secretly like that! Now I can believe I'm not a hooker! Instead, with that gesture, you make me feel like a little princess (but one with piercings, tattoes and 5 years of sucking cock for money under her belt)"

** HOOKER WALKS OUT OF ROOM BENT OVER LAUGHING **

:grin:

Please, some Isaan hooker - make this happen. :)

Make it happen, I don't care! :)

I don't do it because I am shallow, I am doing it out of respect, I also don't consider this a bad profession it is an amazing social service, without prostitutes the world would be a worse place as it is already!

If I am trying to do something nice and someone means to be sarcastic/stupid/snappy it was the last time I saw her. Like I have said, I appreciate the service and I try to be respectful to some extend but when a prostitute starts acting like a whore she looses a customer. Not really my problem :)

Trooper, as you say the tarts in Morning/Night are nothing special just run of the mill beer bar tarts. Its just their expectations that are stunning not their looks?!! But of course again its the fault of all the mugs that meet their demands.

Simie.

Their fucking stunning first day in when you ain't had a shag for months!

You call it trickery - I call it respectful behavior! I am paying the ongoing rate and don't let her feel like a prostitute! I am still buying what she is selling but I am trying to avoid the business part for both parties.

I had a talk recently with a girl about the money in hand issue. She told me she absolutely hated it when people put money in her hand.

wow...seems like some of us like to put on a lot of 'acting', 'foolery', 'playing games if you will'....

Don't make it difficult. Willing buyer, willing seller....

I hear this viewpoint often. If you live it, I don't think you can complain about the BKK P4P scene turning more and more mercenary.

I think a lot of the girls hate the trade they are in. Take a look at the interviews from 'Hello to My Big Big Honey' and you'll see what I mean. I think it is good for all involved if we can do what we can to let the younger girls keep some self-respect.

The older girls, I think are already jaded and they probably prefer just being handed money. But I don't know because i never go with them.

"But I don't know because i never go with them."

I do, with surprising frequency (even have a bit of a reputation as aguy who likes to go with old ladies - I'm 34 and often go with ladies in the 30-35 bracket, occasionally a little older, nothing kinky, they just tend to be more interesting, take better care of me, and are more laidback). I find that those who have been through the Bkk-Pattaya grinder for ten years or more appreciate these "CT-type" (for lack of a better description) gestures at least as much as the young ones, and probably more (maybe dignity and respect are harder to come by for those at the high end of the age spectrum, and so when they do get it, they appreciate it?).

YimSiam

PS: How strange is this - last Saturday I was in Bangkok, late night sidewalk table on lower Suk with girls that I've known a few years. I mentioned how it seems the girls are getting younger, or maybe it's me just getting older. They assured me that the girls are still the same, I'm the one who changed - and THEY went on to explain that about three years ago I switched from going with young girls very new to the scene to going with the older women. Who the fuck knew that they are monitoring this kind of thing?! I didn't even know I made the change myself, but looking back, they're right! Makes you wonder what they might have noticed about you too, no?

I read that book on my first trip, 13 years ago.

The trouble is about listening to girl's stories is that, even to a fly-on-the-wall documentary maker, a 'neutral' writer or a friend who's known them a long time, a story remains a story. Girls like to tell stories and Thais like to tell stories. It isn't necessarily the truth. They could be kidding you or themselves. Most of the girls I know have sisters who chose different paths. After listening to hundreds, my theory is that there's something in these girls that makes them choose what they choose (and I think it's good and am happy for it :thumbup: :D ) They may put up a whine now and then but the fact that they continue to do it, even when offered alternatives, is significant.

Mostly what CT said about doing the money that way is true - for 90% of cases. But some really don't care. Take a girl in Rainbow 4 whose first question to you was "how much you give me" in the bar, for example. You think she really cares if the cash is put in the purse rather than the hand? She doesn't want to be your boyfriend anyway. She wouldn't fuck you for free so why the hell would she want to have that pretension?! In fact, the insinuation that she might fuck you in a free context kind of insults her! (I've heard this one!) Sometimes it goes the other way!

Archived