Times are changing?

HeartThais

Neo, i rarely go in the artists bars but i do like some of the others in soi 33 e.g. the Office, Looki Looki and Wall street. Also worth considering that many expats do a large percentage of their drinking in bars that are not girlie bars and where prices are cheaper than the gogos or soi 33 etc.

Simie.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DS, i think implying that anyone who pays what they think is a sensible amount of money for a shag in a 3rd world Asian country is some sort of 'internet wanker' is about as valid as me implying that those who pay through the nose because 'they want too' or 'because they can' are compensating for a small dick? JMHO!

Simie.

Simie,

That is NOT what I was "Implying"....

people can pay whatever they feel is appropriate....UP 2 Them...no issues....

What I was "trying" to say was....that I do not believe...everyone that says....I pay xxxxx LT!!!!

I think there is a lot of "Bravado" involved....and MANY people pay "more" than they admit to....that's all!!!!

John Holmes I'm not, but I don't get complaints.....and I'm also not from ...The Land of the Rising Sun.......

JMHO.....and you're entitled to yours...

Cheers DS :beer::grinyes::beer:

Buddha,

"Quite simply she is a shitty business person who will suffer the consequence of not getting repeat customers."

Let's face reality here. She might be a shitty businessman, but really new punters will be walking in the bar the next night. Repeat business doesn't seem to be a factor in many of their decisions here in the nightlife industry. The smart ones befriend expats I've noticed and know they can usually get their money easily from going with gents they know who live, guys they trust, guys who pay a going rate so they are a known customer these smarter ones know they can depend on. Between the known of the expats they have befriended, and the unknown of the tourists which pour into the land to P4P with cash in buckets to splurge, many can pick and choose. I always thought that if I was over-quoted the going rate it just meant she didn't really want to go with me, for whatever her reasons were. Always others to choose from, so it was never a problem. I never took it personally, and had this happen very rarely.

The main thing is, they try to get more if they think they can. And if you walk away some other punter will take your place and pay her rate if she is young and pretty.

Hell, even in the upcountry agogos they try to get BKK prices. They will ask 2000 to 3000 LT. They hear the stories from the BKK girls and think farang shit 100 dollar bills and throw it away. The thing is, there are hardly any farang up here, and very little 'tourists'. Most farang they deal with here are expats, but, they still try. :) Why not? The thing I would like to know is what are their 'normal' Thai male customers paying? All of these bars are filled with Thai men. Farang are still a bit rare except the horndog expats and maybe some friends that visit them and go out on a night with them.

These ladies are not known for their 'work ethic'. Most take the easiest way, and, most know they will get what they want, or get a customer they'd rather go with, for whatever reasons and criteria that suits them. The stunners can do what they like in this. The others pick and choose, then when they need their numbers of outs, or need to pay the rent or send money home they 'lower' their sites and go for the quick fix.

It's the punters who show these 'tens' what they can get. Usually the tourists who have the money to splurge. If a guy doesn't want to pay tourist rates he can easily either lower his sites and expectations and easily pay what he likes. But, you get what you pay for (well, supposedly). If you want a stunner you pay what she will settle for, and usually more than the normal going rate. But some expats do it right, because they can as they have the time to build friendly relationships with the kind of women they require and like. The tourist punter hasn't the time to do this, and, has the money normally to get what he wants quickly by agreeing to inflated prices. The guys making good pay who are on holiday can easily pay an extra grand over the course of their 2 week vacation, and they are happy to do so. They get what they want and pay for it.

I don't blame the ladies, and I don't blame the tourists. Hey, the tourist gets a great time, can put most of their holiday on their credit cards, and then go home to work another year making great money and pay off their holiday costs. No sweat for them mostly. And the smart expats build their 'harems' of BG friends and have few problems paying the going rate 'for expats', especially during the slow season.

Or, they go to Pattaya where they have a wider choice at a lower price.

Cent

cent,

I agreed with buddha's post and now I'm agreeing with your's...lol...

As always, you give a very balanced perspective on things....and I can't argue!

Just can't sorta figure out where I fit into the "Big picture"

...Not an expat....YET

...Not really a tourist...by a long shot!!!!

...Guess I'm a bit of a "POT SITTER"....lol...

...to quote your famous words.... 55555...

But as days go by....it's more likely that I'll do the former.....rather than the later....

Cheers DDDDD S/C???

I sincerely apology for not having been able to participate in this fundamental issue but it took me some time to balance total cost against number of 24-hour sessions spent with lovely Nok .

Assuming that housing costs and gold chains count as " renumeration " for romance and related services , my LT/night rate with Nok stands at exactly 42.576 Baht as per today .

After I have thouroughly studied this thread repeatedly I start to get a feeling that many of the esteemed gentlemen here might advise me of seriously inflated entertainment costs and breaking basic rules of Thai360 corporate governance.

I have to reconsider my strategy it looks . No love without suffering , heart bloken .

BuBi

Bkkanalist,

Thanks if I can remember the title, I'll uses it...lol...

But I have a slightly different issue that needs clarification....

Does 1000 "Times" with the same girl count??????

Otherwise, it's ME that's fucked!!!!

Cheers DS/DC

Cent's reply seems on target to me - only thing I would add is that this girl was probably encouraged by the whole jai dee, let's-go-to-7, period thing, and thought: why not, I'll ask him for more, he's a nice guy!

HeartThais, you seem to be following Fiery Jack's first day advice with the Morning Night, and a latenight at Spice Club, hmm. You must be getting tired of Pepsi Light, no? Have fun, damn I wish I was in Thailand today - well, for more than the two hours I spent in transit this morning, and more than my 22 hour visit last weekend...

YimSiam

Archived