Budding Chefs

The_Munchmaster

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Use to love cooking and did knock up some good tucker. But since the long haired dictionary has been on the scene I have been banned from the kitchen. I cook for my self whilst away at work. Its usually based on the least work and least washing up to be done at the end!

Cooking for one can be difficult. I usually cook a steak and make a simple salad. I like to marinate chicken breasts in soy, garlic, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil. Then grill. very nice and quick.

Another easy one is mince stir fried with red curry paste and some vegies then cook some instant noodles (mama) and stir fry them in. Quite tasty all though after I finished there is bits of noodles from one end on the kitchen to the other! Hence why Im banned from the Kitchen at home!

Pinny apron ..No. A Parkenmaa (sarong) is the oder of the day. Usually falls down after vigorous stir flying, creating a potential safety hazard to the wedding tackle.

I cooked for a family of four for about twenty years when my first wife said she hated it. Got into recipe book collecting, Italian, Vietnamese, Mexican, Chinese.... all specialties of the house. Then I was single again and became the master of the one pan meal, cuts down on the washing up. Now I live with a woman who wont eat Falang food so when I cook now I cook a full meal and then work wonders the next day with the left overs. Mashed spud with a tin of tuna and an egg makes great tuna patties. Leftover roast pork with chips and salad the next day is a gourmet feast. Even roast spuds, assuming they survive the night's snacking can be chopped with the other veg for bubble and squeak with a fried egg.

....I like to cook, but invariably the result is disappointing. :(

Just discovered the answer. You got it, a set of Jamie Oliver Professional Series stainless steel pots and pans. With a set of these I can't go wrong, can I? Gourmet meals here I come. :grin:

41X1BHSBHVL._AA280_.jpg

Nah. Try Calphalon instead. Velly goos. And strong too -- even the maid can't fuck 'em up. And believe me, she's tried. Too bad the same cannot be said for my beloved Chicago Cutlery knives. She managed to break two of them :( . But even with chunks out of the blade, they cut better than any other knife I have ever had.

Cheers,

SD - Frying Tiger

Yep, the Calphalon One Infused Anodized cookware sure does look good SD (although probably not available in Dubai) and what can I say about the Chicago Cutlery® Walnut Signature® knife collection, with exclusive Taper Grind® edge technology and high-carbon stainless steel blades which resist stains and rust for lasting beauty and triple compression brass rivets which hold the handles securely to the blades for safety and stability. :hmmm: They look good too. :thumbup:

Archived