3 arrested for planning to blow up JFK airport

Bangkoktraveler

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...I'll disagree with you that the Repubs are good, they are pure evil

I meant good in terms of effectiveness. Not good in a good v. evil sense. Repubs operate with prussian efficiency. I think the extreme of the party has taken hold of it. The 'Rockerfeller' republicans, the moderates, like Guiliani have no say anymore. Guiliani has to act like an extreme just to get the party nomination. The centrists in the Dems have far more power than their opposite in the Republican party. The extreme left is not as powerful.

Dems definitely the good guys nowadays. But overall I distrust both parties. When either have gotten power they have misused it, hence my drift towards a third party or any member of either party who has some integrity and is not an extreme.

The Republican strategists are brilliant. They can make anybody who doesn't like their agenda look like a traitor or a communist or an abortionist or a terrorist sympathizer. They can even make an immigration amnesty look like a win for security. It's practically impossible to deal with that.

Would be nice to change these idiots but they have the people in a fascist state of fear and denial-Its ALL very sad. Plus the enormity of the social and cultural degradation IN both Afghi and Iraqi culture is immense. Many many homeless kids with orphanages over flowing...kids losing their dreams of education FOR WHAT?

[color:red]IMPEACH BUSH!!!!!!!!!!!![/color]

This is gonna sound like an endorsement but its not. ALL wars leave homelessness and despair in their wake. Even the just ones like WWII. That's why it should not be entered into lightly. When its proven on bad pretenses like Iraq then its pretty much criminal. Afghanistan to me is a different story. Not much choice there. If OBL could be obtained with an extraction team then it was unnecessary but I haven't read where that was a certainty, plus the Taliban openly hosting terrorist camps.

Destabalizing Iraq though seems in retrospect (and some beforehand have said to be fair) a total disaster.

The former CIA chief George Tenet was on the tv show 60 minutes and he said Bush was intent on getting Saddam the minute he stepped into office. 911 set the perfect stage to invade Iraq. Even though there was no conncection they played on people's fears from the tragedy. It seems the war was planned 'before' the facts to support it. The Dems don't have the 'smoking gun', the votes and sadly the stomach for an impeachment. The matter is much more serious than Clinton's impeachment which I thought didn't pass the 'sniff' test or was constitutional based on precedence and the factors the founders based an impeachment process on.

>That said, if someone had said that a few moslems were taking flying lessons and plan to take over a few airplanes with box cutters I'd have laughed it off<

[color:red]why you are not in counter terrorism[/color]

the FBI agent that did call attention to the 9-11 ring leader wanting only to learn how to take off & fly .. not land .. was ignored at the FBI management / political level.

the day after she testified before congress there was a bogus terror alert to get her off the front page.

& ol dopey buck tooth ignored the Al-Quida to strike in US counter terror memo.

was a riot when buck tooth was in front of congress & was forced to state the title of the memo she ignored ..

who is more incompetent buck tooth or the shrub?

the shrub & his efficient management was so idiotic it makes the conspiracy theories 1/2 way believable.

it's almost easier to believe conspiracy than how incompetent dopey buck tooth, darth cheney & what me worry are.

>ALL wars leave homelessness and despair in their wake.<

the perps were prosecuted for war crimes after WWII.

the ignored intelligence by the efficient freedom fry-ers is criminal:

Reid cited the report in laying out the specifics of what the Bush administration knew -- and ignored -- in January of 2003, months before the Iraq invasion:

* That installing democracy would â??be a long, difficult, and probably turbulent challengeâ? in Iraq.

* That Al Qaeda â??would try to take advantage of US attention on postwar Iraq to reestablish its presence in Afghanistan.â?Â

* That Iraq â??was a deeply divided society that likely would engage in violent conflict unless an occupying power prevented it.â?Â

* That the United Statesâ?? occupation of Iraq â??would result in a surge of political Islam and increased funding for terrorist groups.â?Â

* That Iraqâ??s neighbors would jockey for influence in Iraq, â??including fomenting strife among Iraqâ??s ethnic and sectarian groups.â?Â

* That â??some elements in the Iranian government could decide to try to counter aggressively the U.S. presence in Iraq or challenge U.S. goals.â?Â

* That our action in Iraq â??would not cause other regional states to abandon their WMD programs, or their desire to develop such programs.â?Â

"Clearly the intelligence community got it right," said Reid.

http://bobgeiger.blogspot.com/2007/06/reid-bush-willfully-ignored-experts.html

I don't recall English and American leaders prosecuted for Dresden which killed more civilians than the bomb in Hirshoma did.

Or for the 2nd bomb on Nagasaki.

Or Stalin for the 100k German soldiers captured after Stalingrad where only 6k were ever accounted for after.

Or the Japanese generals, etc. who tortured allied soldiers and their version of Mengele who performed experiements on people.

Fact is devastation is a part of all wars. Its a necessary evil of even just wars. More Americans died in the civil war than any other war by far. Knowing the outcome and the loss of life after the fact and could change history, would you choose not to go through with it? As I said in a previous post, because wars ALWAYS cause devastation its particularly heinous when its a war that should not have begun to begin with like Iraq. My point is citing the devastation in Iraq as unique to Iraq is inaccurate when devastation is part of ALL wars. Its the reasons that we are in Iraq that make it so wrong.

Agree about the terrorist training and the FBI agents who discovered it. There has been a massive cover up about who exactly decided NOT to pursue it. However, its a little disengenius to dismiss a couple Trinidadians in the planning stage and say its over hyped and say that a few arabs taking flying lessons and taking over planes with box cutters doesn't sound as preposterous as having a chance of coming off.

I will also agree wholeheartedly that I instantly question the motives of what and when this administration reports anything. It puts doubt into any thing that may have legs. But it doesn't automatically disqualify it without further inspection as well.

the firebombing of Tokyo & Germany was designed to break the will of the superior war machines society ..

WWII smart bombs were very accurate .. they hit the ground 100% of the time.

seems I've read statistics on hitting a strategic target back then .. huge #s of bombs dropped / planes lost .. were required to disable a target.

I agree with the BOMBs on Japan .. saved lives on both sides.

I also wonder why the Nips were treated with kid gloves .. quite hateful people they are.

I spiritually support both the N. Korean & Chinese causes against the Nips .. I smile when lil Il fires one off over the Island.

Nips with their fictional history are a major thorn in the Chinese / Korean arses.

Fast forward to today: an asset of human cognition is the ability to learn from historical mistakes.

perhaps if the LEADERS of the mass murders are prosecuted from this day forward we could end such atrocities?

Bush, Cheney, Wolfie, Feith, Rummy .. Rove (who pushed the war timing for political advantage in the '04 mid term elections).. kethoyed out & farmed out .. to a Cambodian brothel..

or, Sharon BBQed on a Sabra spit?

Archived