One more reason why I hate cops...

Old Hippie

O.k. so I finally got my court date for this chicken shit traffic violation (failure to yield to a pedestrian). I make my case with photos, and state "...I cannot be responsible for someone else walking in my path against a light..." The cop agrees the lights are not synchronized, but states "...if they were, traffic would back up..." No logic there...bottom line guilty, $151USD fine...I may get community service instead...but my time is worth more than the $10/hr they credit me...

Now, the real shit here is this...I sat in this court, watching many cases go by, NONE were dismissed, NOT 1! O.k. so the top case of the night was a 13 year old kid, who was riding a scooter, but had no helmet. He was fined $116, it was droped to a $10 corrected citation. Next case? same kid, possession of a cigar and a (oh my god) lighter!

So the cop (a woman) also dragged the vice principle into the court to testify, and make her case stronger...result, fine was $125... All this time and energy/resources wasted, to gain $125...cost more than they collected...and I am sure made little positive impact on the kid what so ever...this 13 year old "Dillinger" will not benefit from this at all.

So o.k. I will apeal my case, and most likely lose, but it will again cost them to do so, all it will cost me is maybe 1 hour of my time, and I stand to gain a victory/keep my $151.

But what the fuck about this kid? I mean what the fuck is going on? what ever hapened to the days of riding your bike, and enjoying life as a kid? Scraped knees, chipped teeth, broken bones all occurred yes, but we lived! We didn't need helmets and knee pads etc to ride a bike...and a cigar? fuck, that was a right of passage. Sure we gagged, and weezed, and some tossed grits, but fuck, we learned from it...far more positive than a bullshit court imposed fine...

This type of chicken shit stuff really pisses me off...fuck, look at LOS and Cambodia, kids working the farms and fields, factories, riding bikes with (gasp) no helmets...what the fuck we are turning our kids into wussy little over protected pussies...and these over paid chuckle fuck cops and judges really think they are making a difference in a positive way? Fuck the lot of them...o.k. rant over...for now...er maybe...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's called the Nanny State in UK and it's getting worse all the time. Why is the fine $151 and not $150, how the feck do they calculate these things.

Once when I was in court for attempting to steal a bus, I was listening to the magistrate rattling on and the police giving evidence when I looked down to the back of the wooden dock I was sitting behind. Someone had carved, "all police are arse shaggers". I always wondered who on earth would have the balls to do that in a room where most people have their eyes on you including the police and the judge.

what ever hapened to the days of riding your bike, and enjoying life as a kid? Scraped knees, chipped teeth, broken bones all occurred yes, but we lived! We didn't need helmets and knee pads etc to ride a bike...and a cigar? fuck, that was a right of passage. Sure we gagged, and weezed, and some tossed grits, but fuck, we learned from it...far more positive than a bullshit court imposed fine...

OH, maybe I was 14 at the time, but you just reminded me of a time I busted some teeth on a curb on Sunset Blvd. My younger buddy just got back from Tahiti and went to the bank to exchange a small amount of Tahitian Francs in to USD. But the teller thought they were French Francs and he got like $100, then he ran out of the bank, like he'd just robbed it, only to show up at the park, where we all hung out, with an ounce of hash.

During the smoke-out some cops showed up and asked what we were doing over the fence, down in the canyon, and my friend explained, "Catchin' frogs." :angel: The cops left, as they always did back then. Later, we went to get a bite to eat (naturally) and I hit a drain on my ten speed bike (where the thin wheels would fit right between the drain grills. I went over the handlebars and hit my face on the curb. The dentist was around the corner, so we went straight there. Our moms showed up later - mine asked me why my eyes were so red, and I told her it must have been the result of the trauma. :angel:

The bank called my friend's dad the next day to report the teller's error, but my friend could no longer account for the money. :D

Classic fuck up for a 13 year old.

And a nice small town atmosphere.

Yes, those were the good old days!

I hate traffic court !

10 cases , cop says one thing , the "accused" says he did not do it ,

Judge believes the cops 10 out of 10 !

like they do not make mistakes or not see the whole picture that the driver did :(

Best way to win at court is to get your case continued once or twice , them make sure you show up for court , with luck the cop will not show (might be his day off now) and you win automatically,

It worked for me many times :)

OC

The thing that really pissed me off was the fact that this PIG stated he could have stoped the first few cars, or the car after me...he got me...I asked what the odds were that we were all wrong and this PIG right...? the answer was laughable "...he is an officer of the court..."

So when we started, we had to stand, show respect to the "honorable...judge whats his name" and then raise our right hand, and swear..."...so help me god..." What makes this ass clown any more honorable than me or anyone else...? and why swear to god? anyone ever see the shit priests get convicted of? The whole thing is a joke...more of an insult really...I will get even, I always do...

:topic:

Oh yeah...same kid made me laugh one time when we were like 11/12 years old.

We used to go hiking in the foothills and one day we stopped a supermarket on our way home. We were sitting out front of the market having a Coke and a Twinkie (or whatever) when an old man walked up, just trying to make some conversation.

We had a paper shopping bag in front of us and, at one point, the old guy asked, "What have you got in the bag, young man?" My buddy replied, "Rattlesnake" and the old guy went into 'Ho ho ho, don't kid me' mode.

My buddy opened the bag to show him a live rattlesnake and the old guy just about shit himself.

Years later, another friend's rattlesnake pet bit him. After returning from the emergency room, my friend skinned the thing, barbecued it and ate it. I didn't partake, but that all seems very tame now, having been to Thailand.

The thing that really pissed me off was the fact that this PIG stated he could have stoped the first few cars, or the car after me...he got me...I asked what the odds were that we were all wrong and this PIG right...? the answer was laughable "...he is an officer of the court..."

That happened to me, and other people I know too. Picked right out of the middle of the pack in the car pool lane.

The one that I got off (as mentioned above) pissed me off more, for other reasons. I was on my way to work on a surface street (two lanes each way). A couple of gangbanger types were fucking with me and it seemed to be getting into a 'road rage' situation. Nothing I did, just one of those deals where guys change lanes all the time and are too stupid to pick the right one - then they get pissed off at the normal driver they can't seem to pass. I was extremely hung over, and didn't want any part of either these guys or the police (guilty when drunk), so I made a quick left and it turned out to be a 'no left turn' at rush hour and the cops were waiting.

Fair enough, but when you have gangsters on the streets, are the resources being appropriated properly for traffic violations? This was in South LA.

Exactly! All rights of passage. A few skinned knees whatever, and we learn from it all...but shit $125 for possession of a cigar? and $116 for no helmet? Fuck, the guy going 87mph in a 65mph got fined $175...which is a greater danger to public safety?

Don't see what it's got to do with cops. Not really. Your beef is with 'the system' comrade.

'The Nanny State'. Yep.

However, I am with Peter Hitchens when he stated that a Nanny's responsibility is to nurture a child and prepare that child for adulthood and responsibility. He said that our government does

no such thing - it seeks to infantilise us.

Not much of a ring to it I agree - but a much more accurate summary of the current state of affairs.

Archived